Unstuck Twitter

As we have the bot here, our replys could be done rather quickly. :+1:

I transferred the account to kre8ative.

Received

I think this is a solid idea.

I completely agree that the original tweet is terrible, and that editing it is a good result. Just to clarify - is this what happens when you link to any post within a thread, or just when you link to the initial post?

It seems like a pretty big burden to require kre8tive (or whoever) to make sure to edit initial posts whenever linking to a thread, but I’m ok giving kre8tive (or whoever) that ability.

This does not seem sustainable to me. I would say that OPs of threads we know are popular / will be tweeted should just be edited to be twitter friendly and then not changed. If a thread with an OP that is not twitter friendly becomes worth tweeting, edit OP to be twitter friendly and then include the original OP underneath.

2 Likes

I think we should give a lot of consideration to who has the authority to tweet from the account, and/or whether or not everyone who has THAT authority ALSO has the authority to post their own commentary/opinions as opposed to just links to stuff here.

Think about how many Fortune 500 companies have had offensive tweets go out because their social media person had a meltdown/brain fart. I think it’s hubris to think we wouldn’t have the same problem, and there is stuff posted on the forum all the time that would be very bad for our brand if it went out on our official Twitter account.

4 Likes

@kre8tive the pinned tweet is coming in too hot imo. But +1 to your retweet game so far.

Lol, I tamed it down from the original I composed

Can we set up a bot to post UP’s tweets here for those of us olds that don’t twatter?

3 Likes

2 Likes

I think the trump thread title should be edited. I started it and “If you don’t like it you can leave” was a tongue in cheek reference to the migration to the new site and the grumblings of a small minority about the change. I don’t believe it translates well to anyone not familiar with that.

1 Like

Yeah my thought there is we know it’s a main attraction high traffic thread, so It should be The Presidency of… with instant twitter updates, or something like that. We will just have to sacrifice our ironic sub titles, unless there is an sub title feature in discourse that won’t show up in twitter.

Then I would edit that first post and just figure out what picture you want shown and what sentences you want twitter to grab and if you want the rest of the OP unchanged, i would just put something like:

— Original OP below —

kre8, can you tone the pinned tweet down a lot, a few people aren’t comfortable with how it’s coming across, let me suggest this:

“Tired of debating your relatives at thanksgiving? Tired of debating bots in your twitter feed? Come to unstuckpolitics.com for robust debate about the issues of the day; and other topics too!”

Alternative/second tweet: “Tired of biting your lip at the office? Wish you had bit your lip at your cousin’s wedding reception? Come to unstuckpolitics.com for robust debate about the issues of the day; and sundry chitchat too!”

2 Likes

:+1:

ty, hmm weird it’s still pulling the old blue U red P image for the link

When I link the site it pulls that, when I link threads it pulls the last image I pulled from it

great stuff @kre8tive ty for edits

@anon46587892, it’s still pulling the old blue U red P image when the site is linked to

what if you remove the image tag, does anything happen?

something just got fixed, I don’t know if you changed anything but it’s pulling the correct image now