Are we closer to a consensus on how to brand the site?

c) will be a hard sell after the certainty among Pol posters on 2+2 that HRC would win.

so here are some quickies on door c)

Purple math, note this image is not free but I can probably make something like it and I could put in equations or ev calculations you like:

Generic purple blue red abstract:

Abstract deconstructed arrow, again not free image but I could probably create something like this:

I really don’t like the pinned tweet. It makes us look like deranged idiots imo. In my ideal world this would be viewed as a place for serious discussion and again the pinned tweet doesn’t carry that inference.

How about the ruins of a forum or agora?

2 Likes

There’s a separate thread twitter here, but I made it known

Just for the sexiness of ruins or also for the connection that these were places where people gathered and talked/did politics?

The Course of Empire by Thomas Cole:

before

after

2 Likes

For the latter mostly, but also because ruins seems apt for our political times.

This is one of the ruins that inspired Shelly to write Ozymandias

1 Like

I kind of like the fishies. I think something none political would be the thing to upset the least amount of people.

I also like something symbolizing the fall of rome or new colossus text

If you like fishies, how about Otto The Official Unstuck Politics Ostrich?

2 Likes

Easy winner. My view may be slightly biased though.

3 Likes

Excised approx 25 posts on the topic of lapka thinking we’re left wing bigots. Let’s try to keep this discussion on the topic of branding.

2 Likes

I’m a nobody here and that’s fine with me but I want to ask a genuinely innocent question.

The npc thread is interesting to me. He’s (I’m assuming he’s male) horrible and obviously wrong in his thread, but is that the standard operating procedure? Someone espouses a view that sucks and they get their own thread? Is it because he’s known from 22?

Like if some random dingdong came in and started espousing awful views, would they be contained? Banned? Ignored bc they’re unknown?

npc isn’t some random poster, tho. He has a long history of being a garbage poster and I think containment is entirely justified.

1 Like

So the answer to that is yes. Fair enough, thanks.

I’m sure if someone random stumbled across this board and started posting like npc, they’d get their own containment thread too. Everyone would just assume they came from 22 though, and they’d constantly get asked to reveal who their old screen names.

No, I don’t think he’s known from 2p2. He’s all but certainly from there, but he hasn’t owned up to what his account there is.

I coulda sworn there was someone named npcxxxxxx on 22, but I could be mistaken.