Unstuck Summer Weight Loss Challenge (Potatoes Not Included)

What tuber were you thinking?

5 Likes

In for weight loss challenge, was killing the exercise but just stopped cold turkey on June 3rd and have done nothing. 5’6", currently 170. Would like to get to 150 at least, maybe 145, but when I start getting close to 150 it’s less about weight.

I made a challenge for myself. I have to lose 15 lbs by September 1st or I have to post a shirtless pic on Facebook. This is good incentive for me because I think shirtless pictures are gauche anyways, I am currently translucent thanks to not getting outside, and I will be super embarrassed to be rocking my fat stomach in front of everyone.

15 lbs in two months is not difficult for me. Frankly, I should have it done in five weeks. But I’m giving myself a wide berth.

Alright how does this work I’ve gotta do a bunch of coke or what’s the deal here

4 Likes

In if:

We go metric.

I got a some love handles and a spare tyre to shift, probably a total of 5kg (3 bushels in USA money??) tops.

1 Like

Coke prices have gone up a lot recently so probably better to stick with the potatoes

As Saturday is a major holiday in the US (woohoo, 4th of July!), I think the official start should be Sunday, July 5.

Don’t need to post specific goals, just say that you’re in, post starting weight or something similar (eg, 20 lbs over, or whatever), and your plan (eg, full potato, pure exercise, keto, heavy weights, cal in/out, whatever) and provide periodic updates with progress and how well you’re sticking with the program.

I suggest 8 weeks for the challenge (hopefully long enough to establish relevant habits and/or not die of potato poisoning).

I might be interested, but there’s no way I can beat a potato (starvation) diet lol… Are we gambling or just collectively encouraging each other?

This is a good reminder for me to add some more potatoes into my diet, though.

Sounds good, and we probably should do a new thread for it.

Metric is acceptable, but pure English (or isles, dunno) is discouraged. Not one cares if you lose a stone, a few pebbles, and a fortnight.

2 Likes

I’m willing to do a new thread in a few hours and can figure out how to move relevant posts, or you could start one sooner if inclined.

I’ve lost 20 pounds in 3 months on a pescatarian diet plus walking 3-4 miles a day. Still fat - 6 feet, 205.

3 Likes

I’ve actually lost about 25 since February on Qsymia though it’s probably killing me

Adding coke to Qsymia would likely amount to an unfair advantage and possibly an untimely demise, but we don’t judge.

1 Like

I’m in for normal dieting and walking

I’ve lost 30 pounds over a few years.

Would like to lose 20lb by year end.

My AM weight is hovering around 200-202

So let’s say 180 in 6 months

1 Like

That would be good. Can call it the Unstuck Summer weight loss challenge or something similar.

Sure, that would be great, thanks.

Goddamit it’s winter here

2 Likes

6’0” 250 as of a few days ago.

I’ve been as high as 285 and as low as 190 over the last 10 years.

My weight fluctuates a lot and food is my drug of choice.

Is it just strictly weight or are we going to measure inches too?

I’m 6’1", 256. I’ll audit this class.

I’ve lost about 15 lbs. since covid but stalled for about a month. I’ve been pushing pretty hard to start losing again. But I also just bought a bunch of weights so I’m not going to focus too hard on “cutting” and instead focus on “bulking” right now.

I’ve been hiking a lot and have an exercise bike. I can honestly say my legs are very close to the best shape of my life. Hiking up a 10k’ mountain weighing 280+ will do that. But the upper body is all supple goo. Pushups once a week ain’t cutting it.

I’m at the point in losing weight right now where the fat stuff isn’t getting smaller, it’s just getting less dense because it’s not as tightly packed. So the fat expands out to its preferred foamy density, and everything is floppy and gooey.

Oooh I’m in. If anyone wants a small prop I’m all ears