Unstuck’s Playlist A-Z

I’ve thoroughly enjoyed this thread, bowing out with this belter

2 Likes

No other way to go out in this thread

2 Likes

Whole album blew my mind when I first heard it around a friend’s house - rushed out the next day to buy it, as we used to do in that dim and distant past.

I used to love browsing through record shops.

1 Like

The original has been posted but I also want to post this brilliant cover of it. Do yourself a favor and give it a listen. (Don’t worry the production quality is very high.)

1 Like

Going to break the rules (again) and post my last one now before the forum goes down for maintenance just in case I don’t get back to it. Probably the first Bowie song I loved, and I still love it just as much now like 35 years after first hearing it.

4 Likes

Most ldo pick for Z

As for mine

That Petrol Emotion, who fearured a couple of ex Undertones after they split up, used to do an absolutely blinding version of this. It was my way in to the great man

Here’s a little instrumental.

thanks for the thread yall, that was a fun month. This spring when things relax I’ll be really gung-ho to listen to everybody’s music from the beginning of the thread.

Fwiw I just scrolled through my alphabet posts and counted 89 links to music, but man there are so many first-ballot hall-of-fame composers that didn’t get posted once, so to make 89 a round number here are eleven pieces by eleven composers who deserved better than zero links

Debussy: Clair de Lune (Suite Bergamasque, third movement)
Dvořák: String Quartet #12 (“American”) / 2. Lento
Fauré: Pavane, Op. 50
Haydn: Trumpet Concerto in E-flat / 3. Allegro
Liszt: Paganini Variations (etude #6: quasi presto: eleven variations)
Mahler: Symphony #5 / 4. Adagietto
Mendelssohn: A Midsummer Night’s Dream / Scherzo
Scarlatti: Sonata K141 in D minor
Shostakovich: Symphony #10 / 2. Allegro
Stravinsky: Rite of Spring (excerpts from The Adoration of the Earth)
Wagner: Pilgrims’ Chorus (from Tannhäuser)

Amadeus played the credits out with the slow movement of Mozart’s Piano Concerto #20, so signing off here with the next slow movement on the list, Mozart’s Piano Concerto #21 / Andante

:heart:

3 Likes

Same! I started out listening to every song itt and quickly couldn’t keep up, but I do plan to try to get to every song at some point.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1357261308152975361

Ha I sent that song to a female friend of mine that we exchange music a lot and she said she couldn’t even finish the song wtf mate

So what’s happening with this list.

The Unstuck soundtrack looks almost as good as the soundtrack from Daria.

man, what the fuck indeed. great song, great album, also featured in one of my favorite movies.

2 Likes

Kinda call this a free-for-all

This song makes me really happy.

1 Like

I didn’t know about Hopkins, reading up on it, sounds really sad.