Unstuck’s Playlist A-Z

The one I’m planning to post is, I think, my favorite on its respective album.

1 Like

Still love the guitar solo at the end.

5 Likes

The Optimo DJ set / mixtape How to Kill the DJ, Part 2 is how I discovered some of my very favorites, a few of which I’ve posted already, like “Another Thought” and “Another Girl, Another Planet.” Here’s another one.

Oh, and the list of M songs I couldn’t get to is pretty long:

Mahgeetah My Morning Jacket
Man-Sized Wreath R.E.M.
Maps Yeah Yeah Yeahs
Maps and Legends R.E.M.
Me Plus One Annie
Midnight Rider The Allman Brothers Band
Mike Mills Air
A Milli Lil’ Wayne
Miss Broadway Glass Candy
Miss You The Rolling Stones
Mod Lang Big Star
Modern Kicks The Exploding Hearts
Modern Love David Bowie
Move Your Feet Junior Senior
Mr. Grieves TV On the Radio Pixies Cover
Multiply Jamie Lidell
The Murder Mystery The Velvet Underground
Music Is the Victim Scissor Sisters
Mutilated Lips Ween
My Back Pages The Byrds Bob Dylan Cover
My Mind Playin’ Tricks On Me Geto Boys

I posted Modern Love for you ;)

1 Like

I might like you better…

1 Like

N = Nimrod, the ninth variation of Elgar’s Enigma Variations, composed in 1899

here’s a good recording. No idea what’s going in the video. The uploader has made some choices.

For over a century the classical music world has tried to figure out the identity of the enigma in the Enigma Variations. Elgar gave clues but nobody’s indisputably cracked it. The answer is probably that there’s some other piece of famous but unrelated music that can act as a hidden theme, i.e. if the two pieces are stacked together then the Enigma theme would work as counterpoint. In 2019 someone proposed the Pergolesi Stabat Mater. Other guesses have included the slow movement of Beethoven’s Piano Sonata #8 “Pathetique”

Nimrod as a name references a biblical king who was “a mighty hunter,” so nimrod the word had nothing to do with being a doofus until the 1930s, when Bugs Bunny & Daffy Duck started trolling Elmer Fudd by sarcastically calling him a nimrod. Congratulations rabbit asshole, thank you for spoiling a heroic word for the rest of time.

Nimrod is poignant stuff for English folks. The first movie I remember it in was Elizabeth and the most recent is Dunkirk. If England could vote on a new national anthem then Nimrod would probably finish a strong second to Jerusalem.

2 Likes

It’s time to bomb the thread with the 1987 INXS album Kick.

2 Likes

still a favorite of mine.

2 Likes
1 Like

Not doing it inline because it’s a NSFW music video. Click here.

6 Likes

Shouldn’t keep meb waiting any longer.

1 Like

yikes! almost let the day pass without posting this!

5 Likes

Oh, shit, I can’t believe I missed it too.

Got a couple oddities to throw in here. I think I mentioned Suburban Lawns already. Here’s another good one from them.

Also, this band Lotion is 90s indie rock, nothing too amazing, but there’s an odd story here: the band struck up a friendship with Thomas Pynchon and he wrote the liner notes to this album.

3 Likes

Fuuuuuck I overlooked one of my favorites, “Nitemoves” by Grovesnor.

Anyway here’s my first O contribution.

1 Like