Unstuck’s Playlist A-Z

I was tempted to post “Hard to Handle” or “Jealous Again,” but I waited until now. I still think these guys are just good at rocking out when they do it.

Just love how this track sounds.

220px-The_Marshall_Mathers_LP 220px-The_Marshall_Mathers_LP_limited_edition_cover

Kill You - Eminem

index

I said you don’t
Wanna fuck with Shady
('Cause why?)
‘Cause Shady, will fuckin’ kill you
(Ah-haha)

2 Likes

For some reason, there’s a Japanese version of this song

Very random to create a Japanese lyric version. Don’t know of any other songs Sixpence None The Richer recorded in Japanese. Then again that’s because I don’t know any other songs from Sixpence None The Richer.

That’s because their only other mainstream “hit” was a bad cover of “There She Goes” by The Las. They’re ostensibly a Christian band.

Anyway.

Also, i still can’t believe i forgot to post Hong Kong Garden on H day. argh.

2 Likes

Just for @R.C Im going to post a Radiohead song

2 Likes

Callback to “H” for the GOAT from the Batman Forever OST:

1 Like

Damn, I knew I missed getting “Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me” in there.

1 Like

From the album that announced Bono could once again sing above middle C

Called
To see
If your back
Was still aligned
And your sheets
Were growing grass
Out of the corners of your bed

2 Likes

This whole album is great. Sad that they broke up shortly afterward.

And ten, ten, ten, ten, FOR EVERYTHING EVERYTHING EVERYTHING EVERYTHING

3 Likes

Perfect for fans of Sims/Second Life

1 Like

K = KV626, the Köchel catalogue number for Mozart’s Requiem.

some favorite bits are:
Kyrie Eleison (“lord have mercy”)
Dies Irae (“day of wrath”)
Rex Tremendae (rex tremendae majestatis = “king of tremendous majesty, just tremendous, a tremendous king”)
Lacrimosa (“weeping” or “mournful”); it’s true that Mozart might have actually died after composing the first eight bars of this section (his handwriting stops at the 26:43 mark).

and for @smrk4’s sake let’s give Amadeus a nod here:
the scene where Mozart is composing the Requiem while Salieri takes dictation
excerpt from the scene where smrk’s avatar is from
…and while this last scene is believable (Mozart 100% could’ve played a march like that immediately by ear and then riffed on it), we know it never happened if only because the melody they use isn’t Salieri’s, it’s a Mozart original (“Non piu andrai” from Figaro). In other words the music department took a tune of Mozart’s and bruised it up a little to pretend it was something Salieri wrote).

2 Likes

Grazie, Signore

1 Like

Hmm, don’t really have anything necessary left on my list, but, uh, here’s a random 80s single that I don’t think is much noticed.

These guys play such a wide range of musical styles well that it’s truly remarkable.

Never heard this before but enjoyed it.

1 Like
2 Likes