Unstuck’s Playlist A-Z

Was gonna post this but figured someone else would.

Same song, two versions, both are great.

I’m doing it - we need to turn those frowns updide down :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Pharrell_Williams_-_Happy images unnamed

Pharrell Williams - Happy

H is for Hoe-Down, and sorry to get your hopes up but no Kellyanne Conway has not fallen out of Marine One, this is just a section of Rodeo, a short ballet in five parts written in 1942 by Aaron Copland, the fourth part of which is titled Hoe-Down

my favorite recorded version
and the real reason everybody knows this song,
aka Robert Mitchum takes a ten-minute break from narrating Tombstone

3 Likes

This is solid work. :+1:

1 Like

This one was near the top of my list.

Gonna kick off with a favorite from a favorite album of mine, although it’s the last track and it probably helps to listen to the whole thing. (Which you should.)

dammit, go out for a morning and come back to find half my H songs already posted.

Been waiting to post something from this album for a while now. A few great jams; this one isn’t my favorite, but it is my second-favorite.

Some of t’s magic, and some of it’s tragic, but I’ve had a good life all the way

Look, I know some of you will skip this, but past the music, Jimmy Buffett is a great lyricist when he wants to be, and this song is one of his best. I appreciate songs that tell stories.

1 Like

One of my favorite covers ever. Better than the original? Sounds sacrilegious, but it might be.

1 Like
2 Likes

Yeah, let’s take 'em back

1 Like

Weird dreamlike tribute to Jay Reatard. The lyrics are what I connected to the most.

Another favorite back again. One of my favorite quietly devastating lines in this one: “Used to live at home, now I stay at the house.”

4 Likes

Some people prefer the version by the Pixies, but imo The Jesus and Marychain absolutely kill it.

2 Likes

Hope I get to the rest because it’s a pretty interesting mix, I think.

SHAKEDOOOOOWN

I’m rapidly running out of H songs because y’all keep posting them already. which is a good thing, I guess.

uh huh

4 Likes

90s classic. Doug Hopkins deserved better.

3 Likes

More Furs

2 Likes