UNOfficial Community Vote: Unstuck Politics is a democracy

jeez

All this just because your nose was out of joint when you were excluded from nmnm.

Some people. :roll_eyes:

Always reverting to the ā€œhaha youā€™re not invited to our clubhouseā€ taunts, a paragon of maturity.

1 Like

Itā€™s true though and we all know it.

Your pettiness and spitefulness know no bounds, but they are possibly the only interesting things about you.

• a ā€˜yesā€™ vote means we are committing to some form of democracy going forward.

• a ā€˜noā€™ vote means that going forward, we wonā€™t be using any form of democracy.

Among other things, a ā€˜noā€™ vote would mean that proposing binding community votes like this thread, and the other current binding vote thread re: Commonwealth, would be out-of-order as applications of democracy.

I didnā€™t vote in this poll because the premise doesnā€™t make any sense. If this place is not a democracy then the poll is meaningless and if it is the poll wonā€™t change it.

5 Likes

Iā€™m pretty sure everyone you guys excluded from your tree house has their nose out of joint about it because a lot of the people who left for NMNM were great, thoughtful posters whose loss has left UP worse off.

Paragon of maturity.

Getting rid of RFCs was dumb.

2 Likes

This is because Jal and his friends arenā€™t allowed to call someone by their real name or an old screen name they requested be stopped. Thatā€™s how petty this is.

Another lie.

NO
ONE
HAS
USED
C*** ROUNDERā€™S
REAL
NAME

(apart from c*** rounder)

Cite or go away.

Jal is trying to argue that because they made a pun on CWā€™s name, which was easily identifiable what his real name was, there should be no consequences.

Thatā€™s how fucking stupid he thinks everyone else is.

Also, he still is mad because he canā€™t call someone by their real name, puns of their real name, or old screen name. Heā€™s mad because he truly hates CW because of shit that started nearly 4 years ago now, and heā€™s a fountain of toxicity for all of UP.

How is his real name easily identifiable?

Jal if youā€™re mistaken if Iā€™m going to, for one minute, treat your obvious sealioning trolling as anything than absurd bullshit. Iā€™ll be happy to explain to other people what the fuck youā€™re talking about, but weā€™re not doing that dance together.

If someoneā€™s real name was Tom Thumb and a poster referred to him as Tom Dumb, how would that help anyone identify his real name?

This is what Jalfrezi actually believes.

I am not entirely sure what Iā€™m voting on here.

I donā€™t generally follow the moderation threads too closely, but I gather that part of the issue is mod powers? E.g. can mods unilaterally hand out bans for stuff that has not been specified?

Given that, I voted ā€œnoā€ on democracy. My reasoning is: every website needs moderation. Itā€™s not like a site is going to have ā€œpureā€ modding democracy, where every user votes on every single mod decision.

Itā€™s more like: elect a mod, then let the mod do modding his/her/their way. If the mod goes off the rails, there should be a way to recall him/her them.

This is similar to having a sheriff, I guess. You canā€™t vote on everything a sheriff does. The sheriff has to be the one to make the charging/jailing (banning/silencing?) decisions. There is discretion inherent in this. Not all cases can follow written rules.

If the sheriff sucks, then vote them out and vote another one in.

So honestly I think the poll is kind of useless as written. I did pick an answer based on what I thought was going on. I think a more specific question would be more useful. Iā€™m not sure what the OP (original pollster) was getting at.

I guess I would say, in general, sure, try a democracy. With regard to modding in particular though, it almost has to be anti-democratic. Or at least have some non-democracy features.

Just my 2 cents without knowing a lot of the background.

1 Like

Wellā€¦

1 Like

You are reading things in that arenā€™t there, In this case, the word ā€œpureā€. There is no such thing anyways. Again, I canā€™t imagine why a few folks are imagining all this nonsense.

Itā€™s a political junkee website. I never imagined the unqualified word ā€˜democracyā€™ would throw some folks for a loop. I guess Iā€™ll try again. To the extent it makes sense on a website, do we want stuff like thisā€¦

I guess Iā€™m fine saying ā€œin general the site should be a democracyā€ (not sure if I would add ā€œwhen possibleā€ at the end).

However in the specific context of modding there are areas where democracy should be practiced (removing a mod if the community does not like the overall job they are doing), and areas where I would say democracy is not the answer (specific modding decisions).

I thought he poll was prompted more by the latter type of discussion. Like I said though, I could be wrong on that.

Benevolent zikzak Stalin theocracy is preferred choice, but

2 Likes