UNOfficial Community Vote: Unstuck Politics is a democracy

Is this bargaining phase? I am a bit rusty

4. Bargaining

The bargaining stage is about making promises to yourself or a higher being, asking the universe for a chance to put things right. A bereaved person may seek reason where there is none, and may feel guilty about how they behaved, or feel in some way to blame.

“There’s a sense that, ‘Maybe I could have done things differently’,” says Nathan. “If only I’d stopped them leaving the house or I knew more about their medical condition, I could’ve intervened. We may feel helpless and hopeless, and consumed by thoughts of, ‘What if?’”

Doesn’t seem to be match, at least IMO. But enough about me, let’s talk about you.

Since you made this somewhat surprising connection, I can only assume that you are in fact personally processing grief regarding the impending death of democracy here at unstuck,

Is that correct?

lol no I have no skin in the game, friend. I am here to mainly just post things that I either find funny or that piss me off regarding politics. I don’t much care about anything beyond that. I think this is all half hilarious, half stupid and anything I post here should be mocked because that’s what I am doing as well

1 Like

But you still voted anti-democracy, If you don’t care, why pick a side?

There could never be a place like Disneyland, or could there? Let me know.

Jim, it’s here. It really is here.

Who the fuck are you

TJs initial two posts in this thread I 100% agree with and is my stand

1 Like

Kinda obvious form the name, assuming you remember anything about the people you’ve been posting with for two decades.

To the temple and a great feast or a pool at Bethesda with a pathetic crowd of broken humanity?

-vs-

Amazing. A website of politics junkies are overwhelmingly anti-democracy. You just can’t make this shit up.

• It’s like at website for wine junkies… who overwhelmingly hate wine. A website of baseball junkies who overwhelmingly hate baseball. Etc/etc.

• To be consistent in their views, all these anti-democracy folks should avoid membership organizations in all of their hobby like endeavors, and not treat their politics junkies hobby as an outlier. Like, if they are also wine junkies… they should participate in proprietary winery owned websites, but avoid any stand alone wine lover clubs. Likewise, to play FBB, these anti-democracy folks should use sites like epsn fantasy, but avoid organizing their own private leagues with friends.

• And of course, the mask is off. All that carrying on about Vote Harder™, all that censorship by hecklers veto for even simply discussing the efficacy of Vote Harder™… that was all bullshit. It was all bad faith. It was all community killing acting out, carrying on, and stirring the dharma. None of these anti-democracy folks can truly believe in Vote Harder™. They are all a buncha liars.

• And a special shout-out for fatboy8, an anti-democracy folk who is currently running for office IRL. Again… you just can’t make this shit up.

2 Likes

I’m sorry your poll isn’t going the way you thought it would and your days of using community ownership of this site as a cudgel are drawing to a close.

It’s already been pointed out that you don’t mind ignoring democracy here when convenient.

TTHRIC, shut it down already and stop indulging these toxic assclowns.

1 Like

Sounds exactly like what took place at UP in fact

Democracy isn’t a synonym for voting. You seriously need to work on your vocabulary words. This same confusion y/o ignorance on your part prompted this thread to begin with… when you accidently made a pronunciamiento.

You’d think a mod at a political junkie website would have at least a grade school understanding of the basic vocabulary words used in politics. But here we are. As I’ve mentioned, you just can’t make this shit up.

Also, nice one of these…

You are avoiding discussing the subject matter by this kind of acting out and stirring the drahma pot. As a mod. You should be ashamed.

Not at all. Unstick doesn’t do anything useful, it creates nothing, and serves no purpose. There is nothing being done that requires cooperation to accomplish… as there is nothing being done period.

Consider the ILWU’s recent act of sabotage. The ILWU does do something useful, they do serve a purpose. To keep the ports fluid, an incredible amount of cooperation is necessary. The absentee owners, whose profits require that cooperation, are in a position to be pressured by that fact. The ILWU applied that pressure with a work slowdown.

That doesn’t make the slightest bit of sense at unstuck. If a faction decided to go on a “posting slow down”, that doesn’t apply pressure on any other faction. Nobody would even give a fuck.

There were 150+ demographically and ideologically homogenous left-leaning people here dying to make a political difference to the point that they named themselves after the process of personally digging yourself out of a hole, so of course the subgroup that’s all about collective organizing and direct action quickly wrote them off as useless centrist trash.

You conveniently cut off my first sentence that shows I know democracy isn’t just a synonym for voting but of course we should never believe that you are completely unaware of the absurdity of your replies. You know that your remarks are frivolous, open to challenge. But you are amusing yourself, for it is your adversary who is obliged to use words responsibly, since they believe in words.

Enough games.

5 Likes