Ukraine War: Discussion

I do the best I can while knowing I’m susceptible to biases and external influences. Currently my best is telling me Putin is a bad guy who deserves to be condemned, Ukrainians deserve our support to defeat him, and we’ll all be better off if that happens.

I’ve done enough amateur philosophy on this topic for today. See you tomorrow!

2 Likes

Because SK being right makes them wrong, which they obviously are. They want to have their US war crimes be unfortunate side effects while Russian war crimes are deliberate atrocities. They want to hold all Russian soldiers (hell some have suggested all Russians) accountable while playing footsie with former US soldiers. Keeed isn’t defending Russia, that’s just a straw man used to smear him to protect their own broken morality.

All the lolz, SK and apparently you are obsessed with hypocrisy above all else. There is nothing worse than a hypocrite in your book, not even a man engaged in active genocide and threatening nuclear Holocaust. So deranged that you see a playground demolished by a missile and the first thing that crosses your mind is not sadness for the mangled children but that some internet posters upset about it may or may not have been equally as upset about some atrocity the US committed.

So how about we do it this way, Putin said the Iraq war was bad, yes? Could you please go pester him with your hypocrisy trolling? You know, at least until he stops actively engaging in hypocritical genocide?

2 Likes

Most of the forum.

Yes, if Putin said that he is a hypocrite. As are you, apparently.

I’ve never defended Putin or his war. What bothers me is blaming all Russian soldiers (and all Russians) and dehumanizing them while they/you don’t hold themselves/yourself to these same standards. Somebody suggested that all Russians that don’t leave Russia are culpable! Meanwhile I’m positive that half or more of you clowns jump to attention at the ballgame when Sergeant Shithead is trotted out to the adulation of the crowd. It’s gross. But I concede that Putin is gross too. My stance is consistent.

I don’t think this is true. I certainly do not think that.

IF Putin said that??? Your come in here blazing calling random internet posters for be war crime hypocrites and you don’t know for sure if Putin is one? Hadn’t even crossed your mind before I mentioned it?

Are you stupid? I don’t know what Putin said about the Iraq war, is what I said.

You guys can’t all be this dumb?

Most of the forum believes that US troops and Americans in general should not be held accountable for the US actions in Iraq, among other places, while believing that Russian soldiers (even those who are kidnapped and forced into action) are Orcs and should all be held accountable for war crimes.

Collective punishment has been a war crime since at least 1949. But keep on doing whatever the fuck you’re doing.

Kissinger was 41 when Pop Tarts were invented.

2 Likes

I’m not trying to stop anything. I’m baffled that somebody can believe that kidnapped Russians forced into action are culpable for war crimes while American soldiers shouldn’t be held accountable for US actions in places like Iraq. It’s interesting to me how somebody could hold such a fucked up and inconsistent position. I’m not asking anybody to stop, although I do think it’s gross. (Qualifier: I also think Putin is gross. So don’t strawman me.)

Kissinger was almost 7 when Pluto was discovered.

1 Like

The hypocrisy of your forum enemies is limited only by your imagination.

I’m pretty sure it was Wookie who said something like all Russians who don’t immediately leave Russia are accountable. And I got into an argument with some people here who said that even Russians kidnapped and forced into service are accountable.

If we now all agree that all Russian soldiers can’t be and shouldn’t be held accountable, and especially Russian citizens shouldn’t be held accountable, I’m relieved. It would be nice to stop referring to them all as Orcs, but I’ll take my little victory for now.

Please find one example of anyone making such a claim.

I’m 100% sure you’re full of shit.

1 Like

Ok Sealion.

OK

Do you guys even fucking read the words in the posts in these threads? OMFG.

1 Like

If this is a common position it should be easy to find some posts supporting your opinion. The search button is in the upper right. Have fun. Otherwise, it seems like you owe a bunch of people an apology.