Ukraine War: Discussion

SK has no business even being allowed to post in this thread

6 Likes

Bigger wars necessarily mean more destruction, more opportunity to fuck up, more cynicism, more corruption, more and bigger war crimes. You’re not making a case for dictators over democracies, you’re just saying war is bad.

why is SK wrong? US has definitely committed similar atrocities. I’m not sure the point needs to be belabored quite as much as it has here, but I don’t think he’s technically wrong, just annoying.

in my opinion war is awful no matter how you look at it.

Fine, then let Keed start a thread about US atrocities, rather than “whatabouting” all over this thread.

8 Likes

2 Likes

I feel like this sentence really captures the essence of Keeed.

2 Likes

That’s not so easy as you’re trying to make it. Considerations of degree, scale, and proportion are still not the whole story. People can argue that going harder is justified if it ends the war quickly. None of that excuses pure cruelty. What does excuse it in the mind of a dictator is a desire for power and self-preservation.

I don’t know what the most moral thing is when it comes to war but minimizing suffering over time seems good. To that end you might have to do things you wouldn’t ordinarily want to. Like it’s reasonable to accept a high risk of nuclear war in the short term if you think you’ll reduce the risk over a longer term. I did some calculations and I don’t like the numbers. That’s the hell of it.

The US hasn’t targeted dual use infrastructure post Vietnam including power plants . Most damage of dual use infrastructure was random roads that a suspected enemy convoy happened to be using.

Weird how this doesn’t apply to culpability in starting wars.

That George W. Bush is a war criminal is a cold, stale take. Is it your contention that we need to re-re-re-re-renounce all past war crimes in order to discuss current ones, or is it only American ones that need to be re-re-re-re-renounced as a precursor to discussing anything new?

YOU MAY NOT SAY BAD THINGS ABOUT PUTIN OR THE RUSSIANS UNLESS YOU WEIGH IN ON THIS HOT NEW POAL

Was Kissinger a war criminal?
  • Yes
  • No

0 voters

Why are people responding to Keed? Life is much easier when he’s ignored.

3 Likes

“Was” gave me false hope.

5 Likes

One way of choosing which hill to die on.

3 Likes

Kissinger is older than the Boston Bruins.

1 Like

Onoes, can I change my vote? I misplaced my glasses and thought you were asking about Kim Basinger.

1 Like

Kissinger is older than Kleenex.

1 Like

and sliced bread

wait LOL me I legit thought til this moment kissinger died like 20 years ago

2 Likes

Kissinger was a teenager when chocolate chip cookies were invented.

1 Like