Ukraine, Russia, and the West

Considering that Chechnya was at war for the better part of 10 years until ~2005 with some insurgent activity after that I would guess that their army is well-trained and many have seen battle.

Undrafted in the PEAK HATE draft from 11 years ago. Can’t see that happening if we were to redo it.

I’ve stayed out of the Chiefsplanet DC forum for over a year and I can’t handle breaking it for this. Maybe @Trolly can give an update.

I’m curious the general mood about Putin and if there’s a riff between right-wingers. I’m guessing they’re all just blaming Biden and Kamala for everything and trying not to discuss Putin as much as possible.

Can you believe that Putin wasn’t a first round pick in the biggest assholes alive draft thread here?

2 Likes

Russians at home care less if Chechens die, easier to get Chechens to see Ukrainians as “other”. Basically like how they used the Cossacks.

I’m guessing there’s a healthy dose of HILLARY RAGE going on as well. She’s gotta be involved somehow.

https://twitter.com/nexta_tv/status/1497238855287808010

https://twitter.com/ragipsoylu/status/1497240342097182722

2 Likes

I remember when you had to talk me out of us taking him first overall.

Was floored how far he fell.

1 Like

Russia threatening Finland is pretty fucking funny to me. Finland has made it pretty damn clear they can stand up to them shitheads.

1 Like

Yeah that’s right.

Guess my American bias got the better of me there

In case people didn’t know, Finland’s part of the EU (though not NATO).

Not touching chiefsplanet with a 10 foot pole, but most of what I’m seeing from the general morons out there is how Putin wouldn’t have dared try this with Trump in office and it’s all just an indictment of Biden’s extreme weakness.

Waste of time. I used to work (somewhat tangentially) with SWIFT and it’s just a basic messaging service containing instructions on which account to debit, which to credit and the amount (and some other stuff) for processing by RTGS systems.

Far more effective to blacklist banks.

Yup. That’s what most deplorables think.

nearly everything else I’ve read says it’s a big deal, do you have anything to support your assertion?

Maybe this will age poorly, but if the GOP really wants to run in 2022 and/or 2024 on Ukraine bad, Russia good, that seems like a massive misstep by them.

All those center-right votes Biden got were people like my Dad… Right-leaning swing voters who tend to be men in their 60s and 70s who are hawkish on foreign policy and are not confused at all about this conflict.

There are parts of the Q/MAGA/insane wing of the party platform that the GOP can support and get away with because it gets handwaved away by the center-right, but I don’t think this is going to fall into that category.

I will now accept all the Sweet Summer Child jokes.

3 Likes

I don’t personally know anything about the technical stuff in this regard, but I do know that every single analyst says cutting them off of SWIFT would be a huge deal, Ukraine thinks it would be a big deal, and nobody has disagreed that I’ve seen on TV/social media/in newspaper articles. Got any sources on that?

I can’t find this anywhere in German media.

CNBC derpers claim they can pretty quickly build an alternative. Who knows.

What seems like a total no brainer is taking all the oligarchs’ shit in the west.

1 Like