Ukraine Invasion 2: no more Black Sea fleet for you

We all remember how Wookie was a huge Gary Johnson stan.

What makes this forum unreadable at times is 10% guys like Jal posting stuff that CN correctly identified as “bait” and then 90% people (including CN) enthusiastically taking the bait and replying 500 times.

You’re like those guys replying to the “I bet 90% of ppl cant solve teh puzzel!” posts on Twitter. The IQ test is not replying.

17 Likes

If the problem is one person constantly misbehaving and people responding to him, the problem is just the person misbehaving

1 Like

100% disagree.

3 Likes

Shout out to the ignore function. Makes the site infinitely more readable.

7 Likes

Could not possibly agree more. The people replying to Jal are worse than Jal.

The bold isn’t really achievable through “small government” that allows for significant local autonomy.

I put a bunch of new posts and the notification on my phone about Prigozhin together in my head to get he’s dead or the new head of Russia. But this makes sense too.

I have mixed feelings. Like, on the one hand, a discussion of who’s who and what’s what wrt nationalism probably has to take place. But on the other hand, will likely make no difference and change zero minds.

Strongly disagree. There would be very little disagreement that nationalism is a net negative here.

The issue is that Jal is either going so far the other way with his anti Americanism that he’s supporting the Russians committing genocide, or that he’s so committed to forum wars that’s he’s trolling like he believes that.

Either way that’s dumb.

If the problem is the uppity Negro constantly misbehaving and cops responding to him by shooting him, is the problem just the uppity Negro misbehaving?

You’re right Jal is basically the MLK of genocide defenders.

I disagree with Jal and I think you have sloppy logic arguing with him.

I don’t think there is agreement on what nationalism is. And there probably can’t be.

I voted for him in 2012 due to Obama’s failure to get us out of Iraq. Jal is a bad poster in a lot of ways, but recalling a decade’s old fact about a forum enemy is not one of them.

1 Like

A relevant thread:

https://twitter.com/neil_abrams/status/1678067951214161921?s=46&t=N0_fcOKIYYmlCS2e4YShsQ

1 Like

According to you I’m the worst person who has ever lived in the entire history of the human race.

That is actually what you said.

lol still every time I think about it

I knew someone would pick me up on the small government thing and it’s a fair point. What I really mean is “as small as possible given these requirements…”

Public housing here is a local issue, not governmental, generally - it’s run by local councils.

I worked a total of 15 years separately in two government organisations, and I know what utter fuckery goes on with jobs for the boys and empire building.

1 Like

I don’t know why I bother to respond to you other than try to prevent mud from sticking, but, sigh, here we go again…

Neither of your stupid suppositions are correct. It’s obvious to anyone but the terminally thick that I don’t support Russian genocide, and that my criticisms of US foreign policy are heart felt and consistent.

Your posts are like a fucking disease that you’re incapable of diagnosing.

1 Like

You’re more upset about Ukraine deciding to use cluster bombs to defend themselves on their own territory and dealing with the consequences of those actions than you were about Russia using cluster bombs in Ukrainian cities against the will of Ukrainians so I’ll stick with my assertions about you just fine.