Ukraine Invasion 2: no more Black Sea fleet for you

oh sorry, you are right it was kupyansk. i saw it’s bridge over Oskol was already taken out, by either AFU offensive unit or retreating Ru units.

I’ve seen a documentary of cops using light aircraft, a stopwatch and marks on the road to gauge driver speed, which they relay to cars nearby. They probably put the signs in wherever the marks also exist.

just to be clear, the bridge over Oskol around Isyum is claimed to be taken out, which counts as AFU is possibly around some Izyum outskirts.

the bridge over Oskol around Kupyansk was confirmed to having been taken out yesterday. we have photos and video.

They even had a bear in the air!

1 Like

even more messages that gunbattles have started in the city of Izyum.

a separate report that russian riot police post was shot in a drive-by. In Kursk region, on territory of Russia.

also reports of forced mobilization in Belgorod and Kursk. that one is very hard to belief

Those signs existed in the jurisdictions I worked in and that was definitely not a thing that was happening, or had ever happened, in those jurisdictions.

Wish these generals would slow the advance down, I’m trying to get some work done here.

Don’t worry, I’ve got some documentary footage summarizing the last few months of the war up to today:

1 Like

This is kind of a level 1 Dan Carlin fact so maybe more serious historians would quibble with it, but in their push into the Soviet Union the Nazis completely miscalculated Soviet manpower because they didn’t account for how many women would take up arms. So attention future Nazis, I know you think da womanz only cook n clean but that seems like a leak when you go around invading folks.

5 Likes

:upsetmearsheimer:

2 Likes

I was actually riding passenger with one of our local judges when he got pulled over and ticketed based on an airplane. It looked like a checkpoint with cop cars and they just made certain cars pull over and gave them tickets.

1 Like

One of the top WWII snipers was a Soviet woman IIRC.

Those signs are in place on I-89 in Vermont and I’ve seen them doing it but only once. It’s exactly as @m_reed05 says, the airplane will fly straight down the highway checking speeds (I assume with radar but don’t know for sure) and they radio ahead to the cops which cars to pull over. The cops will just stand near the side of the highway and point out whoever got nailed and give them the thumb hook to pull over. If they don’t pull over they have more cars just down the highway a bit who will pull out and give them the lights and sirens.

My first house in LA was in the Rose Bowl Stadium flyover approach path, a fact I did not know until our first New Years Day. I was feeding our kid in the high chair, hungover as hell, when the entire house began shaking and there was a deafening roar. I don’t know if I thought it was an earthquake or nuclear war, but I threw my body over my child and prepared for the end. It was a B2 bomber at God only knows what altitude, but to my ears it was a few hundred feet.

3 Likes

99% sure they just time drivers between two points viewable from the air.

But then you would have cops trying to do math? Or do you think it’s programmed into a tool and they just hit a start and stop button and the machine spits out the speed?

Cops don’t have to do math correctly to write tickets

1 Like

I hate derails… however I was ticketed on I-5 in Northern California. Multiple CHP pulled out from a rest stop and got a group of us that were all speeding. I was told it was radar from a plane. I never paid the ticket and 10 years or more later they zapped my bank account for 700. California doesn’t mess around. no idea how they found my bank account.

I use one of those radar detectors, it can pick up a highway patrol officer from over a mile away, they just blast the signal. In every instance I’m pretty positive I know they’re there before they know I’m there. it’s never picked up a plane before on the way to vegas, but I’ve also never seen one in the air either, I thought those signs were mostly bullshit

interesting and daring tactic. a high speed motorized infantry assault past line of defense, with himars fire following in range to provide support from behind. units ahead are correcting fire onto any standalone outpost in real time, wrecks them or causes many to surrender. then quickly they speed to the next settlement. wouldn’t be surprised if baykartar are also following. that’s a huge swath of hundreds of km sq. ordinarily it would take weeks to secure it all. but the goal of this assault is the closing of supply lines.

https://mobile.twitter.com/IAPonomarenko/status/1568333006489923584