Trump's America

Native Vermonters invite Bernie or Ben or Jerry for dinner.

1 Like

Wouldnā€™t Oregon have the most? Every village has a brewery snd one town I remember having 5, for a town of 5000 people. Downtown was an area of 3 blocks by 2 blocks and it had 5 craft breweries.

12th in economic impact, 3rd in impact per capita, 9th in total production, 7th in production per capita.

All three born in Brooklyn if I recall correctly.

Damn flatlanders!

1 Like

My sister lives in Vermont and I all ever see from her are pictures of her camping and going to breweries. Had my dad bring me back a big haul of local beer last time he was visiting her

1 Like

I just googled ā€œcraft breweries per capita by stateā€ and got to where eyebooger got his image.
State Craft Beer Sales & Production Statistics, 2022 - Brewers Association

America gets a lot of schtick for their beer overseas but those craft breweries got their shit together and make some quality stuff. Disappointing that all people see from outside is Budweiser.

1 Like

Intolerant Europeans? Well, I never.

Arguing against Charleston as a food city is ignorant as fuck. Itā€™s closer to a top 5 food city in the US.

The food at Winstar sucks. Literally not a single thing there is good. OKC has a great food scene for a city of its size. If you somehow find yourself here for a meal and want to have something quintessentially Oklahoman, I suggest the Chicken Fried Steak at Cheevers with jalapeƱo gravy. Great little upscale comfort food spot that is our go to for anniversaries / birthdays.

1 Like

Cascannabis
Nuevo Calzona
Emptonia
Texas and its vassals
B1G Lakes
Newā€™merica
The SEConfederacy

Iā€™d rather live in most of these countries than the US.

2 Likes

Was honestly a touch disappointed with Charleston as a food city. People I talked to made it sound like some kind of mecca for foodies. Thereā€™s definitely some quality food there no question but it wasnā€™t some legendary one of a kind place to me.

Nah this map is better

1 Like

Oooph, that didnā€™t age well. Thereā€™s a lot of cringe in there.

Isnā€™t this also protectionism for local quality brewers? I assumed that local beer places in Europe had a hand in blocking the best US brewers from importing.

Iā€™m not really sure. I know the UK was selling some American microbrews at the supermarkets there.

Australia is protectionist as hell of local alcohol (not sure about beer but imported wine is subject to 50% tax) and American beer is all over the place. The local craft scene only took off 10-15 years ago and modelled itself after America (you will see beers described as West Coast or NEIPA referencing the American styles). I think itā€™s just snobbery in Europe.

1 Like

Santee really embracing their nickname this week.

https://twitter.com/drvox/status/1259234218502090752?s=21

1 Like

Itā€™s a lot better than it used to be, but itā€™s nothing spectacular.

Steakhouse, several and one (Catcus Creek) Iā€™d rate just below the super-high-end places in Vegas like Cut or SW - but itā€™s a steakhouse, and the sides are good but not great. We have pretty good-very good Mexican food, a pile of Brewhouse type of places with some pretty good beers. But for more esoteric stuff, not so much - although there is a Peruvian place thatā€™s been there for years so Iā€™d assume itā€™s at least passable. Weā€™ve had a couple of pretty bad food poisoning outbreaks for sushi, but I dunno if thatā€™s more common than other places. Overall a ā€œBā€ or so - but Iā€™m not crazy enough to try and rate the town like itā€™s Vegas/SF/LA. The midwest proper (meaning not Chicago) - not awesome.

MM MD

1 Like