Trump's America

If my kids grow up to be Republicans I will spend a really lot of time examining what I did wrong as a parent. It’s absolutely unfathomable if you teach empathy and gratitude.

18 Likes

A gunman opened fire in a church in Texas, killing one parishioner and wounding another before being shot dead by a member of the congregation…

Several other parishioners also produced handguns and trained them on the attacker.

Praise be the Lord.

Guess the NRA was right. A good guy with a gun stops a bad guy with a gun. /s

1 Like

Especially when the Good Lord is on their side, Hallelujah!

Also a couple weeks ago 6 people were killed at a Jersey Kosher market and the other day someone broke into a Hanukkah party at a Rabbi’s house in NY and stabbed 5 people.

1 Like

Driving back from Heathrow today I listened to a lengthy news report about those attacks and the effect they’re having on Jewish people in the US. I thought of you and how disturbing it must all be. :(

1 Like

This^^

Seen another headline but didn’t get the full picture saying its on the rise over here too unfortunately… :disappointed:

Bad news for Trump… every Jew I’ve ever known in my entire life cares waaaay more about being targeted for antisemitic violence than they do about fucking Israel. He’s probably lost that demo along with their political contributions. Except maybe in FL. Old people gonna be old.

I’m not even sure if my views about old jews in FL are even still up to date tbh. They could have all died and I wouldn’t have noticed, I don’t even visit there, too afraid of Florida Man.

https://twitter.com/vestal13/status/1210722085179293697

The 14th biggest state by area, 39th most populated by rank, 44th by population density is “full”.

2 Likes

BREAKING: Gov. Justice approves firing of all involved in Nazi-like salute

Gov. Jim Justice announced today that he has received and reviewed the official report completed by the West Virginia Department of Military Affairs and Public Safety related to the West Virginia Division of Corrections and Rehabilitation Academy Class 18 and has approved the recommendations submitted by DMAPS Secretary Jeff Sandy.

“I have reviewed the factual information regarding this incident that was provided by Secretary Sandy, and have approved all of his recommendations,” Gov. Justice said. “I expressed my thanks to him and the entire Department for quickly getting this report done.

As I said from the beginning, I condemn the photo of Basic Training Class 18 in the strongest possible terms. I also said that this act needed to result in real consequences – terminations and dismissals. This kind of behavior will not be tolerated on my watch in any agency of State government.

We have a lot of good people in our Department of Military Affairs and Public Safety. But this incident was completely unacceptable. Now, we must continue to move forward and work diligently to make sure nothing like this ever happens again.”

2 Likes

Millions of people, their hearts once set on relocating to glamorous Boise, hang their heads and silently despair.

2 Likes

Instead of all those stupid, expensive advertisements, Tom Steyer should pay liberals to establish residency in a few of these states like Idaho and Montana and flip their legislators that way.

2 Likes

The Dakotas would provide a lot of bang for your buck. That’s four senate seats.

Lol, Boise is surprisingly…not bad. I think some outlet named it as the top new place for millennials or something, so they are getting gentrified up there. Probably why the guy had that sticker in the first place. Tired of them Californian fruitcakes coming in and liberalizing the place.

I like Boise because it’s one of the few places in the US you can get authentic Basque food.

All the Californias moving to Idaho sucks. I wanted to move back and show my wife small idillic small northern town and the land prices were the same as here but wages are less. Everyone in CA sells their 2 bedroom 1200 sq foot house and moves to Idaho and buys a mini mansion.

1 Like

I was in Missoula, MT a few years ago and the locals were irate about California transplants, I’m sure it’s gotten worse.

Idaho has some pretty countryside, like Montana and Wyoming. They get a bad rap because of all the conservatives, but if you like nature, you could do a lot worse than living in Idaho.

Took a mini roadtrip last summer from Seattle to Denver to visit some national parks and I found myself going out of my way to avoid spending money in Idaho and Utah. Only decent thing about those states are the speed limits

I lived in Oregon and there was a resentment of Californians coming in. There were some signs and bumper stickers that said something like “Californians, Keep Oregon Green: leave your money and go home.” It was a common sentiment, but almost no one took it seriously on a personal level.

Downtown Salt Lake City is an okay place to spend an afternoon wandering around. Utah’s politics are probably marginally less toxic than Ohio or the South, esp in the metro SLC area.

1 Like