Trump's America

I say we give all the police in America a nationwide parade once a month, as long as they don’t kill any unarmed minorities in that month.

So, basically never.

1 Like

Where am I supposed to get blue lightbulbs from? We’re in a lockdown, you stupid ballbag, it’s the very same lockdown you ordered. I’m not about to go off to… wherever it is they sell blue lightbulbs just to make non-essential purchases of blue lightbulbs so I can suck off the cops. did you ask Dr. Amy Acton before signing off on this shit?

Seriously, who sells blue lighbulbs and why? I feel like maybe if I ran a strip club I would have booths in the back with blue light bulbs. idk if my local Kroger carries them.

3 Likes

So you’re saying you don’t have one from last year’s #LightOhioBlue?

1 Like

This shit is so fucking creepy. Like, what am I supposed to do with this? Does anyone feel okay about this? This shot looks like a scene from Halloween where Mike Myers is about to break in and butcher the stoner chick. God, you took bucolic suburban Ohio and turned it into a weird mashup of fascism and slasher movies.

4 Likes

Man, the #LightOhioBlue hashtag is a wild pastiche of some of the creepiest photos I’ve ever seen. It’s like the whole state has become a slasher movie set. Who is this supposed to be for?

https://twitter.com/koonsforclerk/status/1258935510367600643?s=20

https://twitter.com/kevincooper/status/1258939983626416128?s=20

https://twitter.com/DublinOhio/status/1257707916322316288?s=20

2 Likes

Hmmm…

https://twitter.com/propublica/status/1258904742769688585?s=20

Great work holding weird nighttime parades and also arresting black people who congregate and ignoring MAGA chuds brandishing assault rifles outside the home of the director of public health. I’ll be sure to screw in a blue lightbulb and make my apartment look like a shot from a Panos Cosmatos film to honor these brave first responder heroes while our state’s nurses are sleeping in closets and breakrooms inbetween shifts intubating grandparents. Always look for the helpers.

14 Likes

Mark the day. I am 100% in support and agreement with a series of posts from Trolly. Probably won’t happen again until this blue-light gizmo thingy rolls around next year.

6 Likes

That about sums it up. Glad you get it now. God Bless America and God Bless Ohio!

2 Likes

Thanks for the heads up I was missing something good. That was about the best Trolly post I can remember.

@BestOf

Really should have that whole series of posts combined into one post for the sake of the best of thread.

1 Like

Has is not always been this?

1 Like

Ohio is just the stone cold worst. The suburbs are full of the most banal, self-absorbed, racist, selfish people you will ever meet. You know that Hannah Arendt book where she spends hundreds of pages explaining how seemingly normal people could come to participate in a horrific genocide? People from Ohio do not need to read that book because there is absolutely zero doubt the people inhabiting Ohio’s suburbs and exburbs would gladly delight in the power afforded by a uniform and thoughtlessly lead minorities into the gas chambers. Your typical Ohio suburban couple includes some type of professional managerial class nitwit married to a Karen. They love cheesecake factory and the Florida panhandle. And they’re going to vote for Donald Trump again.

1 Like

You may have said this before, but why is it that you live there? I literally love where I live, I can’t imagine what it must be like to dislike your city.

Family, but we’re in contract to buy a house in Charleston, SC. Counting down the days.

3 Likes

Abolish the police!

2 Likes

The people I know who live in rural areas mostly fit into two categories:

1. People who were born there and hate cities out of fear or ignorance
  2. Former city dwellers who left due to white flight

Most in group 2 still work in the city they used to live in due to the higher salary. That cash goes further in the middle of nowhere than in the city itself.

Experience: Immediate family was part of group 2 for almost 20 years.

My current situation is that my wife got a very good job in a rural hospital so we now live in the country but with a condo in the city because I kept my old job and was working 3 days a week in the office and 2 remotely. So we are closer to Group 2 than Group 1, but we certainly didn’t flee the city. We are the rare family that moved to a rural setting for a better job opportunity.

1 Like

Do we really think South Carolina is going to be an upgrade over Ohio?

I accept that OH sucks, but SC has got to be worse.

Even if you’re just comparing metro areas, I’d think Columbus or Cleveland has got to be less deplorable than Charleston.

2 Likes

We vacation in the panhandle sometimes. :unamused:

Seconding the opinion that SC is gonna be worse than OH. Everything I’ve heard anecdotally about the state is openly-racist nightmare.

We did a ton of research and visited the future neighborhood a bunch of times including talking to neighbors, realtors, etc. The pocket we are headed to is mainly transplanted east coast folks. I’m optimistic but certainly prepared for challenges.