Donald J Trump: Rip Van Winkle edition

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1664303228253622272?s=20

5 Likes

damn, you can’t survive iowa without a gun?! never realized that. sounds more dangerous than chicago tbh.

1 Like

2 Likes

He’s at it again

https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1664445059608068096

I mean I know the audience is stacked with Trump slappies, but the laugh at simply the mention of Chris Christie, lol ouch.

We may be approaching the finding out portion of the Trump story, if there is one, so make your predictions now.

ADDITIONAL TRUMP INDICTMENTS (select up to 3):
  • DOJ (Jack Smith): Mar-a-Lago Documents/Obstruction
  • DOJ (Jack Smith): J6/Insurrection/Election Interference
  • Georgia (Fani Willis): Election Interference
  • None of these

0 voters

TRUMP IS CONVICTED IN (select up to 4):
  • DOJ (Jack Smith): Mar-a-Lago Documents/Obstruction
  • DOJ (Jack Smith): J6/Insurrection/Election Interference
  • Georgia (Fani Willis): Election Interference
  • NY (Alvin Bragg): Hush Money/Falsifying Business Records
  • None of these

0 voters

TRUMP GOES TO JAIL FOR ANY OF ABOVE (select one):
  • Yes
  • No (Pardon, Beats Rap on Appeal, etc.)
  • LOL/GTFO/Bastard

0 voters

Abstaining from indictment vote because it’s meaningless.

Still very strong on no actual consequences for any of this.

2 Likes

I keep having to remind myself that the key to modern conservatism is the lack of shame. Sometimes when I think about the high probability that people like Trump will never face any real legal or financial consequences for anything they do (at least consequences that would inflict any real pain), I sometimes think, “Yeah, but gajillions of people hate him and he’ll be remembered as a piece of shit.”

Then I remind myself that they just don’t fucking care.

2 Likes

The key to conservatism is a belief that some people matter more than others. Conservatives can still feel shame. They don’t feel shame if they’re hated by people whose opinions don’t matter.

Dems need to do likewise and feeling no shame when conservatives complain. The basic premise of bipartisanship is that all opinions and lives matter. Democrats need to think that Republican opinions and lives don’t matter.

Same basically. Even if he is convicted of all the things, he never does time imo.

would be hilarious if trmp bullshitted in front of some maralaho club members and made up the doc in question, but obviously cannot admit that he did.

You would think the government would know if the document was real and whether it had been taken.

I would have thought so too, but if our classified records management system was a good as I thought it was a few years ago, Trump wouldn’t have been able to walk off with a bunch of documents just mingled in with his personal effects, and a National Guard IT guy probably wouldn’t have been able to share a bunch of Intel with his Discord buddies… So we may just have to accept that there are some holes in the tracking systems.

1 Like

a document containing details of potential military conflict with iran isn’t something they are going to confirm or deny existence of.

Locker room talk

I appreciated that aspect of the new movie Reality about a former NSA worker charged with smuggling and leaking classified docs out of the building.

She wasn’t even getting into whether she did it. She just kinda laughed at the FBI agents interrogating her and said it’s ABSURDLY easy for anyone in the building to take whatever docs they want.

And if you’re the president, they just let you do it.

That is on my to watch list for this weekend. I know much less about that situation compared to Snowden, so looking forward to diving into the story a bit more.

1 Like

Pence totally exonerated!

Trump weighs in:

That’s great, but when am I going to be fully exonerated, I’m at least as innocent as he is,” Trump wrote on Truth Social.

1 Like

The more the better