Trump-loving parents of school shooter flee: Captured

It’s their lawyer, who presumably is yelling at them to turn themselves in ASAP.

Ya that’s what you say while you jet outta the country. There’s no place safer for these Trump supporters than jail, and that’s where they need to be

Right now? Fled.

I think they’re charged with manslaughter? Not 100% sure there though.

1 Like

Oh, I thought it was some sort of law enforcement person. Never mind. Carry on.

https://twitter.com/mehdirhasan/status/1466459777459007500?t=bDhl7yNvUmb0oo7H5-LDSg&s=19
https://twitter.com/mehdirhasan/status/1466459962591301634?t=P0uUcHQmaaOfa6jgIi0O_w&s=19

4 Likes

And this is the issue that the right never seems to acknowledge. Today’s “law-abiding citizen” is tomorrow’s mass murderer.

2 Likes

I guess not getting to carry a gun while doing open houses is like getting “fucked in the ass”, and having your son murder a bunch of schoolkids is like getting groped by a celebrity

12 Likes
3 Likes

A prosecutor says the parents of a teen accused of killing four students at a Michigan high school were summoned a few hours earlier after a teacher found a drawing of a gun, a person bleeding and the words “help me.”

Oakland County prosecutor Karen McDonald made the disclosure Friday as she filed involuntary manslaughter charges against Jennifer and James Crumbley, the parents of 15-year-old Ethan Crumbley.

McDonald says the gun used in the shootings at Oxford High School was purchased by James Crumbley a week ago and given to the boy.

Ethan Crumbley was returned to his classroom and later emerged from a bathroom, firing a gun at students. He’s charged with murder and other charges.

McDonald says Jennifer Crumbley sent her son a text, saying “Ethan, don’t do it.”

2 Likes

I seem to recall reading something along the lines that school shootings are not really more common now than they were 50 years ago, they’re just much more well-publicized.

What’s the consensus opinion on that take? True or false?

Well the number of schools is increasing with population so maybe shootings per school hasn’t increased as much?

Yeah, I should have specified per capita.

Obviously in absolute terms it should be higher.

Number of shootings has been going up since the turn of the century, and way, way up over the past 10 years.

6 in 2000
6 in 2005
10 in 2010
18 in 2015
8 in 2020 (plague year)
26 in 2021 (so far)

Well, I guess they have gone up. Assuming the list is accurate.

How does it look if you count by deaths?

What more could she have possibly done??!

3 Likes

I honestly don’t remember hearing about any school shootings pre-Columbine. I guess they happened but surely they were more rare than they are these days.

2 Likes

Yeah, that’s kind of the crux of the issue. Did you not hear about them because they didn’t happen or was it because of no internet. A lot of these one kid shoots other kid he has a beef with in Zikzak’s link are likely to not make it beyond local news.

Columbine, and the late 90s in particular, were sort of where the mass casualty indiscriminate shooting of multiple students started. I guess it really doesn’t matter if it’s a group of kids who get in an argument and guns are used to resolve it, vs. straight up terrorism mass killings, but they definitely feel different in that regard.

Yep, it proves true EVERY SINGLE TIME. A good guy with a gun is only a good guy with a gun until the moment he turns into a bad guy with a gun.

We have no “bad guy” test when you purchase a weapon. How can we possibly know if the bad guys are just cosplaying as good guys.

“He was a bad guy all along. I know because he committed a gun crime.”

“Well yeah, but he hadnt committed a gun crime prior to buying the gun, was he a good guy at that point.”

“Obviously not, because he proceeded to commit a gun crime, therefore, he was always a bad guy, so only bad guys with guns commit crimes. I am a very smart person”

4 Likes