Travel Addicts/Advice Thread

I was actually able to watch redzone just fine on a cross country domestic flight. I was very surprised.

Agree with this wholeheartedly. My default beer when traveling is a cold local lager. That Mumford and Sons IPA is going to lead to a nasty hangover and a useless travel day.

4 Likes

Nothing like starting a 21-hour travel day by puking your guts out. Luckily I managed to make it to bathrooms. Although I was about 1 second from grabbing the barf bag on the landing from Naples to Paris and traumatizing the young girl sitting next to me.

Based on how much came out when I made it to the bathroom, I think I would have overflowed the barf bag.

I think I’ve slept about 36 out of last 48 hours.

1 Like

I once threw up in the bathroom of a Michelin star restaurant

(For some reason my stomach was feeling super full/bloated for a few days and I didn’t realize I couldn’t do the full courses, nothing to do with food/alcohol)

This sounds like the bougie version of that “I once got busy in a Burger King bathroom” line in The Humpty Dance.

4 Likes

I’m assuming I got something from the hotel breakfast in Naples. I didn’t touch the eggs or flabby bacon. But maybe something in the milk, cream, or juice, or cream filling in some pastries.

Also I drank a little water from the sink in my room. But it was a $200/night Best Western. So I assumed the water was ok.

Going with my dad soon to Copenhagen (he’s never been to Europe in his life).

Have a pretty good idea of what do to there, but going to so a 2 day side trip to Goteborg/Gothenburg, which I’ve never been to.

Any recommendations? Maybe @Fabian2 has an idea or two?

2 Likes

I’ve only ever been to Gothenburg to play card tournaments (Magic the Gathering) in my younger days really, so I don’t think I’d be able to add much beyond what’s in the “what to do in Gothenburg” articles on google.

Liseberg, which I imagine would be the top suggestion, doesn’t necessarily feel demographically appropriate, but maybe your dad really likes amusement parks :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

My one trip to Copenhagen was way too short, only things I can recommend for sure:

(Really good if you want to pick up some gifts)

And Jens Olsen's World Clock - Wikipedia

(You can knock both of these out in an hour)

1 Like