Travel Addicts/Advice Thread

I fully agree, especially with how hot it is. Unless you want to plan your days around visiting specific eateries, there isn’t enough of a difference to suffer with waiting for a table.

Then you can watch the How To episode about taking ponies to the glue factory.

1 Like

I used to work near there. It’s a really cool building

Move to ban @lol_lmao from the forum (and NYC) for whatever that monstrosity of a Katz’s sandwich is.

1 Like

The pile 2 pounds of meat on some bread is not something I can get behind.

1 Like

Found the Dolphins bar

1 Like

They gave me a sample of the roast beast while they made the sandwich and I was almost full from that. Just top notch quality and service (once you’ve elbowed your way in).

Totally agree, definitely needs more meat.

3 Likes

If you don’t have kids with you, the Double Down Saloon NYC (the NYC version of the long time Las Vegas punk bar) is kitty corner from Katz’s. If you like super shitty dive punk bars, grab a drink there.

https://g.co/kgs/yiemLpo

2 Likes

Is this place good or just expensive?

Cool we are gonna head back up that way tomorrow before we hit our show. We are kidless but we are not staying anywhere near that area so it’s a hike to get there. We tried to go to Proletariat but it didn’t open til 5 so we wound up at that Irish pub/Dolphins bar, which also had an Irish bartender.

We got tix to Water for Elephants. Wanted to see The Outsiders but they wanted one kidney apiece.

Post reported. That monstrosity is fucking amazing. Although I just got pastrami, not roast beef.

1 Like

it’s a chain and nothing special unless you’ve already gone in, then it’s awesome, excellent choice, enjoy!

1 Like

If you want steak in Manhattan, Keen’s is probably a better bet/vibe (although not cheap!)

1 Like

It’s the lettuce and mayo. I always thought they would throw you out for an order like that.

This is basically what I’m doing. I’m compiling a list of restaurants and then I’ll match it up with the things that we have planned to do If there is somewhere we really want to eat that won’t be close to or on the way to something else, then we’ll have to decide if it’s worth the extra effort.

I think this works better than just looking for places on the fly.

2 Likes

Oh yeah, screw that. Mustard only.

Oh yeah, absolutely. I see the disconnect,

I usually wouldn’t got for a steak dinner in NYC because there are so many options in NYC that are more interesting, but if I did go for a steak I definitely would try a local option rather than a Morton’s. There are a lot of options (I would use something like this Eater list as a guide).

1 Like