Travel Addicts/Advice Thread

Very quick. I did it one time. Actually allowed me to jump the line.

Do you just stand in the queue and when you get to the front say, “Sorry, I lost my ID”.

That’s what I would have thought, but if you jumped the line, it must have been something else.

this is great I’m going to pull a “do you know who I am” to some poor TSA agent and then bust out my Hendon mob stats of 2 WSOP min cashes from 2008 complete with matching photo and they will be forced to let me through

7 Likes

c19edb15-2bd4-459b-b789-b13be81c19af_text

I suppose it’s good I have a Hendon Mob photo from a tournament win.

1 Like

TSA agents now enter-swipe driver’s licenses. I don’t see why they couldn’t just pull up a picture of the passenger’s license from the last time it was swiped?

I asked because I knew I didn’t have it and they directed me to another line. The same one wheelchair people go through.

Asked who?

Over the years a few on this forum have expressed a passive interest in escaping the mess in the U.S. and perhaps buying one of Japan’s famous “akiya” (abandoned homes) for pennies on the yen and moving to Japan.

Here’s a nice little video about people that have done so (I’m also kind of one of those people).

That headline really took my brain in a very different direction from where that article landed.

1 Like

Wait til these guys find out about going for a walk without your phone.

2 Likes

Men just come up with the stupidest ideas instead of just, going to therapy and attempting to be better people. You dont have to digitally flog yourself to be a better person. Just be nicer to people, everyone.

Try that for a month instead of holding your nut in and see how you do.

FWIW a weekly short domestic RT is actually a little cheaper then therapy (at least in NYC) plus free pretzels.

Any suggestions on places to travel within the US during July? Considering the extreme heat and how everywhere seems to be overrun by tourists looking to fill out their social media it seems dire. I have previously travelled almost exclusively to Asia during the summer.

Like no way am I going to Washington DC if its 100 F

Upstate NY. Finger Lakes region is A+ this time of year if youre into wineries and breweries and food and lakes and music and hiking.

2 Likes

It’s a big country. Can you be more specific what you’re looking for?

1 Like

yeah seriously. recommendations here could be wildly different based on whether you’re looking for urban destinations or outdoors/national parks etc.

I just went to portland (maine), weather was really good (got into the upper 80s one day though), in town there’s really great dining and nightlife (really punches above its weight), drove along the coast doing some lighthouse spotting and Acadia national park is a couple of hours up the road.

1 Like

If you ever go back to Portland, I know of a long-time, safe, low-limit underground card room with reasonable rake and free food and soft drinks.

1 Like

yeah, sorry. it would be more nature related. main concerns are crowds & heat.

i’ve been considering Oregon coast/Maine coast/Rocky Mountains.

How were the bugs in Arcadia?

Looks like July in Banff (Canada) is super busy.