Travel Addicts/Advice Thread

I try to avoid them. Even in an office environment, it seems that some people don’t have common decency in tidying up after themselves.

1 Like

What kind of dive places are you visiting?

Airports, fast food & chain restaurants, grocery stores, arenas, you name it. None of them dives. But not a single clean restroom among them.

Try bucees

2 Likes

My pony just got made into brisket. Was just going to say it’s the only reliably clean gas station bathroom I’ve ever encountered

How weird is it that I didn’t know what Buc-ee’s was until about 6 months ago.

Still have never seen or set foot in one.

Speaking of restrooms, bidets might be the single greatest invention in the history of humankind. A lot of Thai public restrooms will have them which makes cleaning up after a #2 soooo nice compared to using crappy TP that falls apart easily.

2 Likes

I’d say I’ve probably spent 2 months of my life in Thailand all together. Never once did I not shit at the place where I was staying. Looks like I missed out.

Well didn’t they have them at the places you were staying? Both apartments I’ve stayed at had them.

You’re not wrong. In general, restrooms available to the public have to be maintained by either pubic servants or minimum wage workers, and Americans generally have no interest in allocating resources to either of those groups. Your best bet in a large American city is to go to a nice hotel, which will often have a restroom right off the lobby somewhere and because they are in the hospitality business they are unlikely to rudely grill you about whether you’re a hotel guest or not.

2 Likes

They’re mostly in Texas, so not that weird unless you’re from that area.

I didn’t until about a year ago. Sister in law was in Texas for a couple years and told us we had to stop at one while we were there.

Sometimes, but not 100%. Either way, I wouldn’t count those as public restrooms.

I guess what I meant is “missed out the public restroom bidet experience”, which is rare. I’ve encountered it elsewhere, but not often.

I lived in Texas for almost 15 yrs. Left about 20 years ago, tho.

We’ve covered this topic a number of times here but America still has not learned so–this.

A week back in the States and my ass is already raw from all the barbarous wiping. The lack of washlets as a standard toilet function may be America’s single greatest failing–and that’s saying something.

3 Likes

buttsquirting is for weird foreigners ldo

You seem to have a weird fixation on bathrooms and bowel movements. You’re on vacation–try to enjoy the world around you.

1 Like

No, I actually don’t. It was just an offhanded comment, and then a continuation of an ongoing discussion.

And I’m enjoying myself just fine, thank you.

The ignore button is always available if my posts don’t please you. I won’t be offended.

You sound like the Japanese version of the “Ugly American,” who complains about how things aren’t done the right way in other countries.

If you don’t want people to comment then don’t sound like a boorish, condescending visitor.

I’ve never been to Japan but based on seeing how the fans / players clean up World Cup stadiums I gotta imagine the state of cleanliness in US public restrooms is genuinely shocking

1 Like