Travel Addicts/Advice Thread

My friend passionately hates bidets for reasons I haven’t fully delved into. Something about the nastiness of the cloth wipes needed to clean up after it.

Wonder what kind of bidet he is using?

With the Japan ones at least, after doing your business you press wash, let water stream for about 20-30 seconds or so, and then a gentle wipe with a single piece of TP to dry should do the trick. Some bidets even come equipped with a dryer function, eliminating the need to use any paper at all.

USA has the #1 toilets in the world, bar none. If I ever had to visit another country I would just hold it in.

A decent % of mine come out like melted Milk Duds. I have a hard time imagining no wiping needed. Maybe American poops are just a lot more gooey.

Other than needing to flush 10, 15 times, they’re great!

I read r/TwoXChromosomes from time to time and the women there say it’s not uncommon that dudes won’t even wash their asses bc it’s “too gay”. I’d imagine there’s a not insignificant % that won’t use bidets for that same reason.

Thanks, Biden.

I’ve been in places where you could choose between a free restroom or a pay restroom that has an attendant who cleaned.

My tall white guy privilege is present in many ways, but one of the places where I feel it expresses itself the most is in bathroom hunting. I can walk into any nice restaurant or hotel, look like I know where I’m going, and use the bathroom any time I please. I do not think everyone in our society has the same experience.

I only do that when I am about to burst. It still stresses me out, and I do feel a little guilty for the reasons you stated. I like to do it in places I’ve eaten in the past, then if somehow challenged I can say, “Well I was a customer last month!”

Thankfully my body just completely shuts down any urge to go #2 when I’m in public, can’t remember the last time I had to do that.

1 Like

Y’all don’t know shit. I never used a public toilet in the 3 years I lived in China.

Why? The dreaded squatty potty.

The do have moistened wipes you can buy, which is like mini step up. But yeah, it’s hard going back once you’re used to it.

jesus

eat some kashi

Actually looked for these, and had heard there were flushable ones, but all I could find were ones that were clearly marked “Do Not Flush”.

even the “flushable” ones are not really flushable

also, they are more likely to irritate your butthole.

I’d assume it depends what’s in them. These have fucking tea tree oil in them. What the fuck could they possibly have been thinking?

gotta have the tea tree scented tushy wipes FOR MEN, regular old sissy tea tree scented wipes aren’t strong enough for my POWERFUL TESTOSTERONE SOAKED ASSHOLE

Lol “Dude wipes,” if you aren’t wiping your ass with a pinecone keep your mouth shut.