Travel Addicts/Advice Thread

Recommendations for parking at Midway?

Canā€™t help you there. I just go to visit family, so Iā€™m always picked up and dropped off.

I know someone who now tries to schedule trips out of Oā€™Hare so that he can play poker at Rivers before or after his flight. (Speaking of which, some chance I show up there in the next week.)

Man I hate travelling to America. I love my family there and itā€™s clearly worth the trip but itā€™s still the worst travel experience for me. No idea how tourists do it without losing it.

1 Like

I honestly feel like Iā€™m returning to a third-world country when I go back home.

Is it that close? My daughter goes to college in Chicago so I may do that if the wife is on board next time we visit.

1 Like

Last couple of years it wasnā€™t too bad. Sure there was COVID but also leg room and less harassment. Being able to not talk to border guards was great too.

The couple of years before that I was ā€œrandomly selectedā€ for extra searching before departing for America. Was the only American in that area each time. Random my ass. Just infuriating.

Hopefully today involves less talking.

Much less than 5% of people waiting for flights bound for America are masking. Airport strongly recommends masks but does not mandate.

When I flew to LA prior to entering China and still having to sweat four PCR tests the lack of masks on the flight pissed me off a ton.

I was masking on flights long before covid appeared and will continue doing so long after it has become a distant memory.

2 Likes

JFK was supremely understaffed. Took me two hours to enter my own fucking country.

This has been the case at Torontoā€™s major airport as well for months.

I missed a flight back to the states because of the awful situation in Toronto. it was truly a nightmare.

welcome to everything service related

1 Like

So the pandemic has had a permanent effect on peopleā€™s willingness to resume working shitty jobs for low pay in America?

And employer refuse to increase benefits to attract them? Wow.

1 Like

Yeah that seems to be the case.

Everything from dog groomers to electricians is annihilated, and thereā€™s no end in sight.

omg boomers in my town facebook group are PISSED that the post office closes for lunch now

1 Like

Yup, Iā€™d guess many employers have increased pay but not all of them enough to fill the positions.