Travel Addicts/Advice Thread

The Olympics are just an awesome place.

Just entered Switzerland via train, there were immigration folks onboard but nobody asked us for a thing. They did talk to a few passengers but honestly it looked pretty profile-y if you catch my drift.

Not sure if youā€™ve been here before, but I havenā€™t and holy crap it is a magical seeming land. Weā€™re freaking out.

4 Likes

Itā€™s a no brainer top 3 draft pick for most beautiful countries on earth.

1 Like

Itā€™s bananas. It doesnā€™t seem real.

If anyone asks what country I wish Iā€™d been born in iā€™d say Norway, but Switzerland is #2

Fantastic.

Anyone have advice on best methods to procure tickets to Arsenal/Spurs on October 1? The official process seems like kind of a shitshow but I have no idea what aftermarket is like over there.

Speaking of the Olympics, any of you guys been to the Hoh rainforest? I might be able to swing a few days backcountry in September and Iā€™ve heard itā€™s a cool place. Or is there any route in the Olympics thatā€™s considered to be top notch?

Go to the rainforest. The Olympic peninsula is incredible, especially the western part.

ETA: September might be wet, very wet.

1 Like

Yeaaaah it sounds like itā€™s shoulder season, Iā€™ll definitely be packing the rain gear

Nice, my family is doing an Airbnb in Port Angeles so Iā€™m sure weā€™ll be able to check that out

Spend an afternoon in Port Townsend. Super cool little town.

2 Likes

Shi Shi Beach is incredible. Pretty remote and long journey though.

Do you have one of those fancy CCā€™s with concierge services?

Looks gorgeous. Howā€™s the hike in? My dad has a bum knee but can usually manage if itā€™s pretty flat

Pretty flat, but pretty muddy (I went 2019ā€“they might have improved the trail).

Look at the tides and make 100% sure youā€™ll be there when the tide is at least partially out so you can see the tidal pools.

Donā€™t speed once you get onto the reservation, pay the entrance fee, pack extra windshield wipers, and allow for the fact that you will not have phone service the whole day.

I donā€™t but if anyone can sort me a ticket for the Soton game on the 13th Iā€™ll be much obliged

Just got back from a trip and did a few Airbnbs. Hereā€™s something I canā€™t figure out. Is there any way to see how many stars a host gave you? I can see the comments that were written, but I canā€™t see the star rating. I tried for a couple of minutes, and Iā€™m beginning to think itā€™s hidden intentionally, but maybe Iā€™m just missing something.

In the app I can see my host reviews in my profile

When I went to a Chelsea game I had to go through the official process (Join fan club, request tickets, etc.). The aftermarket tickets arenā€™t really a thing - they have tight controls on tickets there. You can always get a hospitality ticket for more money usually. Youā€™re going to a big game, so itā€™s going to be difficult.

I recommend searching the Arsenal subreddit for advice