TopShot and other NFTs Part II: Electric Boondoggle

Yeah I’m definitely net negative outside of packs with flipping vs holding stupid s2 15kers

1 Like

If the site can scale active users while diluting our moments we should be fine. The problem is all the evidence is their site/blockchain is horrendous and they have no ability to scale into the millions of active users needed to do that.

2 Likes

Wishful thinking but maybe the SS stuff won’t tank as much tomorrow because
A. it’s a smaller portion of the supply being release (and the final portion)
B. pack is $199 so might scare off some noobs looking to score free money and run

1 Like

Also if you want a good laugh while we suffer I found this:

3 Likes

mrsyuv need marketplace to sell her kawhi ss because lol at explaining $199 packs to her.

1 Like

That’s the best evidence for the actual blockchain being incapable of scaling. I mean literally exactly the same thing happened with cryptokitties and caused it to crash and burn.

1 Like

i don’t think crypto kitties was on the flow blockchain. i think that’s why they built it. great success so far

2 Likes

Correction.

Tomorrow’s pack includes 1 rising star. 1 seeing star. 5 babes set commons.

It wasn’t it was on eth. I’m saying this same company already fucked up this exact same way once. By far the most likely explanation is flow is better than eth for this but them never envisioned 100k apes endlessly hammering the blockchain because they are dumb.

1 Like

boon·dog·gle

/ˈbo͞onˌdäɡəl/

noun

1. work or activity that is wasteful or pointless but gives the appearance of having value.

verb

1. waste money or time on unnecessary or questionable projects.
6 Likes

One thing though, if they want to pump the shit that went down the toilet in base 2, just do a base 2 challenge, that shit will be pumping back up the pipe in no time. Who is old enough to remember when there was some international cool cat rumor or whatever the fuck and shit tier Zubac dunks were trading at $40?

2 Likes

since they get 5% of the mp you’d think they’d want to arrange this. plus everybody getting rich is a lot better word of mouth than what’s going on rn, i mean who gives a shit about cards? it’s all about making money and going to the moon

3 Likes

Roham is doing Q&A in #general right now

i asked if we would need all of the seeing stars for larbon or just his team and didnt get a response, bastard!

Seems like they would answer this if it was just labron team

only 115k current owners

lol

that sounds like 40k real users at best

we are insanely early then

1 Like

and it’s still impossible to fucking buy anything? yikes

1 Like

1 Like

the main drop is because it’s difficult to buy and people are mostly trying to buy the new SS’s and the giant new number of cards dilutes the $ pool, which due to 5% fees goes down every day unless there’s new $ coming in like a good pyramid scheme

if it was all a go it would’ve dropped but not a freefall