TopShot and other NFTs Part II: Electric Boondoggle

the rareness comes from your ability to bink a pack i guess

2 Likes

so it’s literally this

3 Likes

Is the current state of the marketplace limiting bots or does the price of the SS cards keep them away?

they cant handle the swongs. once the market stabilizes they come online. they were sniping stuff last night. mostly the CC+ stuff or 3-digit SS cards at min

1 Like

What kind of ROI are you all making on this? Are we talking hobby money or like $500+/Day?

Oh yeah I’m definitely losing over 500 a day. Everything always goes down lately, it’s a down cycle

4 Likes

Nonocantsleep humblebragging about making 350 a day

If I make enough dapper I want to take the 6ix crypto trader masterclass

3 Likes

At this point the only way to make money is to get lucky in the pack queue and flip, or use software to trade in the marketplace for quick flips. The marketplace is pretty much impossible for anyone not using software currently.

Buy and hold has turned out to be a disastrous strategy.

2 Likes

josh owns most of central america

4 Likes

wen graphtest

1 Like

I make $500+ a day on average (some more some less) on marketplace trades but lately I lose $500 a day or more on my holdings dropping in value. A lot of the markets are down 75%+ from all-time-high so people holding moments have been getting burned, and i’ve been holding a lot of moments.

However,

:gem: :open_hands:

10 Likes

What time is packs tomorrow?

like i dunno what others have been doing. i didn’t make any money but i’m remarkably bad at it. Josh made 8k from the steve nash card alone, i will guess he’s in the low-mid 5 figs.

Without getting packs, I guess I’m pretty happy with my read relatively early to gtfo out of everything as soon as I heard they’re giving out this many packs this weekend. Granted it was only like liquidating ~300 dollars worth of moments at a tiny loss but nevertheless it would be worth like 60 dollars right now.

1 Like

but how much did i lose

i bought a bunch of 3-digit KDs and 3-digit Labrons for like 2k±ish range, now they’re worth like half that

sounds promising at least

To reiterate what Imjosh has been saying there is a ton of money short term trading but holding has been a disaster lately. I’ve turned 60 moments worth 8k into 240 moments worth 10k in like 2 weeks. Not getting rich but if this ever actually goes up in value again I should be in very good shape:

5 Likes

Yeah this was definitely the play. Ultimately even if i’m right about the S2/7.5/15k stuff for elite players being worth $$$$ longterm, there isn’t enough capital on the platform to maintain the valuations of those moments when they’ve introduced more moments, while also hindering their own growth potential by limiting signups and not advertising yet

2 Likes

uh, why is this all after the giant pack drops and not before or holding off on selling the cards until after that

oh right they didn’t actually know that was coming unlike about everyone who’s on the site

1 Like