TopShot and other NFTs Part II: Electric Boondoggle

I think it has to be new commons. There are going to be 360k new commons in the packs. That would be over 3k per card for the current set of 135. There aren’t nearly that many unissued of each of those right now.

imjosh just can’t quit LBJ.

2 Likes

I think the last bit of the old base 2 cards will just go to influencers and whatnot. I think there were maybe 200 left of lebron, Durant and some sought after ones. Maybe under 50 of the rookies. Might have been less of both.

That Kotaku piece says everything I feel about this stupid product.

That said, hope I get my first pack tomorrow.

6 Likes

Welcome

1 Like

someone lists a 7500 kawhi for 10 under ask and it’s still there 5 minutes later

Any sense for the strategy with a ton of new moments tomorrow? I assume buy as much as possible that is priced cheaply once they open the mp? Rayvin will likely be useless right?

Based on the last dumps, buy the idiots pricing too low and flip it when it settles a little.

1 Like

worst case if i cant flip them right away at least i have a lebron. although i do need to be careful, can’t drain my dapper balance out before pax madness tomorrow

1 Like

Since KD is injured, his team has kd+12 players while lebron has 11. I wonder how they’ll do the challenge

Wtf at Jaxson Hayes. $40 now.

I was in the Q on the $99 premium drop solely to sell an unopened pack if I binked one. I don’t have the balls to speculate 4-5 figures of equity on this.

kawhi gets zero love on topshot. I have no idea why that is the case, but it is. not buying his moments anymore unless they are massively massively discounted.

Kawhi is an interesting and fun guy.

2 Likes

If you open a lebron or any 2 digit serial you all of a sudden have 1k+ equity on a $9 pack.

Kawhi doesn’t get love bc he’s been on 3 teams in 4 years. He’s good but not the best, and now in a City where he’s either the 2nd or 3rd best player on a team that has 1/50th the fans as the other team.

when you average 4 points a game you are worth $40 wasn’t that off a few weeks ago

I think most of us are in for very little tbh. Hope you get a good one tomorrow.

1 Like

Yeah I’m interested in this for about as much as the cost of whatever packs I can get. Unfortunately I don’t have a ton of spare time to wait on them but I should at least be around for tomorrow. I don’t really understand how every pack can be profitable but seems like that’s how it’s working for the time being.

well I’m very curious if these cards take a bigger hit to the regular star cards or not. Since people that just want one, now have another option.

2 Likes

The existing cards have upside because of scarcity compared to what is coming. The downside is like you say there will be shinier objects. If this thing hasn’t crashed and burned by fall I could see early s2 prices resembling the current s1 prices.