Tofu Sucks - Or Does It? It does.

I like tempeh, we eat it pretty regularly. I find it makes good sandwiches, it is easier to slice up thin than tofu, IMO.

1 Like

Booooo. What didnā€™t you like about it?

It was bland. Wonder if I had a bad rendition of it. This restaurant makes great food so Iā€™d be surprised.

I do like the Szechuan peppercorn tingle. This place makes a spicy beef noodle soup with the tingle that I usually get.

Hmm bummer. I think the traditional way to make it the sauce is kinda thin and oily, but I prefer the places that that make it thicker where it sticks more to the tofu. It shouldnā€™t be bland though!

I do ask my place to make it spicier but its def not bland

Was definitely a thin and oily sauce.

As a frequent tofu eater I gotta be honest with you guys: I think mapo tofu has been badly oversold ITT.

1 Like

thatā€™s gaslighting

You gonna put this on me every time I post?

well this was a joke but i guess the timeā€™s not right

2 Likes

Apologies, I took it the wrong way. I throw out these kinds of one-liners all the time, I need to understand that whatā€™s good for the goose is whatā€™s good for the gander.

1 Like

All tofu is not created equal, even in Japan. Thereā€™s a shop just a couple minutes away from my house that makes all its tofu on site, and itā€™s so good and fresh you can eat it plain right out of the container.

1 Like

Iā€™m having a hard time imagining that this tastes good. Itā€™s not like weā€™re talking about sashimi here. How does the freshness help?

I mean eating it straight out of the container isnā€™t my chosen method of consumption. Just saying it tastes good enough that you can.

And freshness does make a big difference. Canā€™t really explain other than to say you can taste the freshnessā€“you can tell is was just made and it comes across in the flavor.

Awwww yeahhhhh

3 Likes

Nice play, get all the iphone losers to post their stupid church photos from their classic europe organized trip in 2008 while you corner the tofu photo market

1 Like

I know, lol Europe amirite?!

Hereā€™s a tofu dish from Bali thatā€™s pretty tasty:

Bumbu Bali

I used to make tofu stir-fry when my older daughter was vegetarian. The demoisturizing was a pain, but it tasted fine.

Hating [extra-firm] tofu seems kind of silly, since this is like hating chicken breast. Neither one has much of any taste plain.

1 Like

I just had vegan asada fries from Modern Times in Portland that rivaled any meat Iā€™ve had. Maybe I should reevaluate.

2 Likes