TJ plays a ton of poker in Vegas for WSOP! ...And occasionally eats

Where in NC are you? I lived in Chapel Hill for a year and there were multiple Boba places for example. Durham had some higher end Italian places.

Come say hi!

I’m the only person in the state wearing a throwback Braves/Kennesaw State hat

I’m in Cary, which is near Raleigh and kinda in the middle of all of the research triangle

Giordano’s isn’t necessarily the best deep dish, just the most famous.

Corbin Burnes is gonna win the damn NL Cy Young

This pie was kind of incredible.

It was like pizza lasagna, except with actual pie crust instead of pasta.

Definitely a fork and knife kind of thing.

Now we’re gonna head over to Bellagio and see if we can get back to winning ways, with a short 500 cap on 2/5

5 Likes

I order frozen Digiorno’s a few times a year. Definitely better than Lou Malnati’s as far as the frozen goes imo. Digiorno’s frozen are about exactly the same as in restaurant. Not sure about Lou’s.

I fuck up and switch Digiorno’s and Giordano’s regularly lol. Good job Digiorno.

1 Like

Wow, did you eat that entire pie? It looks incredible but it seems like it would be about 6 meals for me.

I don’t eat very much and I hate wasting food so it’s hard for me to eat out unless I’m able to take leftovers home.

EDIT: Not sure how the rest of your Bellagio table would feel if you had half a pizza in your backpack. :grinning:

I actually dropped one piece :disappointed_relieved: So I ate 5 of the 6 slices.

I should have called ahead to get on the list, I’m number 50 :rage:

So now I’m at the bar with the meat sweats watching the Braves lose

2 Likes

It may actually be close to the worst.

Deep dish is hard to mess up though. So while you can find better, it’s probably not that much better.

If you want to mix it up, I HIGHLY recommend Pequods which I’ve ordered a few times through Goldbelly (https://www.goldbelly.com/pequods-pizza).

2 Likes

I’m assuming the Chicago Brewing Company at the Four Queens is cheaper.

I should have specified that I meant among places based in Chicago.

I guess I’m assuming Chicago Brewing Company isn’t, but if it is, then I guess it qualifies.

If you meet a Chicagoan that says Giordano’s has the best deep dish, then that’s someone whose food recs you should not take seriously.

1 Like
7 Likes

Posting with my lucky t shirt as my avatar to bring you some rungood on the rest of your trip. GLGL.

2 Likes

The walk over from Bally’s…. Caught the fountains show

Finished up at Bellagio +700, nice to book one in the win column. I was up as high as +1300, then I badly misplayed an unfortunate river. The Bellagio 500 cap plays a lot more passive than deeper games at the Wynn or Resorts World. You have to stay a while to get the stacks deeper, and you can see how people amass those stacks.

Now I’m on the list for Caesar’s 2/5, which is also 500 cap. The poker room is right next to the nightclub, which makes for some interesting people watching.

I’m probably underdressed for a Friday night in Vegas at the heart of the strip.

3 Likes

+1300 at Caesar’s.

I don’t know if it’s the 500 cap, or just that it’s a Friday night during WSOP, but I had two or three real droolers at my table all night.

As tempting as it is, I’m still not gonna fire the Milly Maker tomorrow. Clearly weekend poker time’s highest ROI is in cash games.

3 Likes

Had forgot about this, but this was definitely a negative of my trip in late June/early July. At one point my wife got slapped in the face by a random meth head looking woman on the strip who was walking by us. There was a lot of that type of element around on the strip to an almost uncomfortable level, even for someone who has made a lot of trips to Vegas. So hopefully that gets back to normal levels by Vegas standards.

I don’t know what’s normal or abnormal, but I haven’t felt any more unsafe walking around than previous times I’ve been in Vegas.

Do us a favor and head over to the Rio and heckle Nate from rail. Apparently he made a final table.

7 Likes