Tim Hortons

The company is still based just outside Boston. I know it’s (inter)national. But it means more culturally around these parts. Just like I can get Krispy Kreme anywhere but it means more in the Carolinas.

It’s Dunks. It’s ours.

3 Likes

It also tastes better in that area IMO, or maybe it was just that I was still new to the coffee game when I was drinking Dunkin coffee in that area.

Similar thing in that area with L.L. Bean attire right? I know they loved it in Portland, Maine. I don’t know if it extends into neighboring states or if it’s just a Maine thing.

Dunkin is Bostonian in the same way that Starbucks is Portlandian.

Never ever heard before that Krispy was supposed to be a regional thing.

1 Like

I haven’t been to Portland or anywhere in the Pacific NW to experience the Starbucks love up there. Looks like Krispy Kreme is from Winston-Salem originally. I lived there for about nine months and never heard anything about it. In hindsight, people did tend to buy Krispy Kreme over competitors but I didn’t realize why.

… and the rest.

Seriously, please. We’re constantly being told how important this thread is etc so excising tangents that still seem to have steam is something that would really help.

You’re misunderstanding what I’m saying (and I’m going to keep this derail going just to annoy churchill). I don’t think or expect people in Topeka to think or care about Boston when they go to Dunkin’. I’m saying people around Boston have a more meaningful connection with their local Dunks than somebody in Phoenix ever will with theirs.

Great :roll_eyes:

+1, the tangent got pretty long and doesn’t belong ITT. Not super urgent but worth cleaning up imo.

I also often wonder if chains that start small in a local area and get really big provide better quality in those original locations because they have more pride in them. Like those first few will always be the “good ol days” of what is now a corporate conglomerate, and where the original owner was likely hands on for a while. It seems likely that there would be a lasting effect there as opposed to in location number 8,437 in Topeka.

At @clovis8’s Tim Hortons the “double double” is, uh, something different.

1 Like

We don’t say “Timmies,” we just say “Tim Hortons.”

lol, wut? Tim Hortons is awesome and Applebees is the suck. You take that back young man.

Except that Dunkin Donuts is trash and Tim Hortons is awesome.

Right but other than that they’re the same.

1 Like

No kink shaming!

Sorry, I started the derail with the only Canadian reference I had and I did use “worse”.

My little one’s pre-school has a different “dramatic play-station” setup every week. Like some weeks it’s “Doctor’s Office” or “Vet” or “Toy Store”. This week was “Dunkin’”. It’s very much a cultural thing lol.

1 Like

In the last 20 years over 500 have opened in NYC. There is one at literally every subway stop.

I agree that Tim’s would seem awesome after going to Dunkin.