This thread is for Bruce Willis fans only

I forgot about that kissing scene! Bruce Willis GOAT.

What has always and will always be offensive about that movie is Richard Gere pretending to be Irish. LOL at that occasional accent. Worse than Kevin Costner trying to sound English.

Thread states it’s for BW fans only but Q1 is Are you a BW fan?

Great stuff.

Listen here you little shit

2 Likes

Few actors have assembled a resume like Bruce Willis. All of these movies are absolute BANGERS.

image image image
image image
image image

Obv an LOL dropoff in quality after the early 2000s, but he’s allowed to phone it in after that resume.

Oh, please let me know. I was desperately in love with Amanda Peet at the time and despite that being her lone topless scene, I only watched it once.

Die Hard is another Shawshank-alike that I’ve always avoided.

Should I finally take the plunge? I feel it’s the thin end of a wedge that ends up with me watching countless Tom fucking Cruise films (I haven’t seen Top Gun either).

Caveat: I’m not into action films

I’ve seen Die Hard twice in the last six months, and you’ve never seen it ever??

It’s a classic. It became its own genre.

We had a great discussion of it in the watch party mega thread.

How about Lucky Number Slevin?

2 Likes

Don’t reckon she’ll be dropping by to clutter up the thread:

But more important than Willis clocking in and out is that “Breach” is watchable — a modest but, in this context, rarely achieved quality.

In Willisworld, this counts as exuberant praise.

As Jeff Ross said at the actor’s Comedy Central roast in 2018, “You’re like Elmer Fudd if he hunted bad scripts instead of wascally wabbits.”

Her astonishment is hilarious LOL.

If you are patient, the appropriate movie will eventually reveal itself

One of Willis’s biggest roles in recent years was in the 2017 comic-action hybrid “Once Upon a Time in Venice,” which is an embarrassment from top to bottom — that’s the one in which he skateboards naked.

That cover image for the article is pretty pretty good

1 Like

People seem to forget that Bruce was a comedic actor first.

Moonlighting was an all time great show.

2 Likes

Did he play the harmonica?

Also I remember this being fun…

But to be fair it was at a time when all my friends made fun of me for liking too many movies.

1 Like

I liked this movie a lot and had my location in my poker account as “Kansas City Shuffle”

Now that I think of Last Boy Scout it may have been 25 year old Halle Berry that did it for me, not Bruce Willis or Damon Wayans.

1 Like

One of my favorites in his prime. What they did with the Die Hard franchise in DH4 is reprehensible, only thing similar was the last Indy Jones movie (or at least what comes to mind as analogous bc I didn’t see it). I didn’t bother seeing the next DH either.

Couple of films that haven’t been mentioned: One of his best performances was in Nobody’s Fool w/ Paul Newman, and for dumb action, I always liked Last Man Standing as a dust bowl era shoot 'em up.

2 Likes

Last Man Standing is one of the only sort-of gangster movies I like, but it’s more of a Western imo.

Never heard of Nobody’s Fool.

I despised Live Free or Die Hard for a long time, but it’s grown on me. It’s a great action movie. Just not a great DH imo.

I want to start a “This thread is for Damon Wayans fans only” thread but am nervous to review his filmography. Major Payne, Blankman, and Bulletproof (with Adam Sandler!) are all pretty funny. Seen Major Payne more times than I can count.

1 Like

Legit shocked.

Newman was nominated for Best Actor but the film was overshadowed bc it was such an epic year.

It’s other nomination included a couple Oscar darlings along with Shawshank:

Other notables is this from wiki,

Bruce Willis reportedly agreed to a substantial pay cut to appear in the film, accepting the SAG-AFTRA scale of $1,400 per week at a time when the actor was earning roughly $15 million for his action movies.

and from my memory, the fact that he wasn’t listed on the poster:

eta: I’m so stupid, it’s right there lol (I think that’s just for the DVD, the normal poster was Newman alone)

I’m assuming this is in deference to Newman and him wanting to keep the focus solely on him. The opportunity the role provided in being his antagonist had to have been key as well.

There’s a lot you can glean from all that (vis a vis Bruce’s character). My dad also did some deliveries to a property he shared with some other Hollywood types in Idaho. I guess all the stories from the staff was that he was a great guy and just liked to party and treated people well. Seems to appreciate his lot in life basically and the opportunity it affords to just be nice. Kid at heart still.

1 Like