The Wilds (beware spoilers)

was wondering if this was a 1 season show, starting EP5 now, Fatin backstory time.

Fatin ended up being one of my favorite characters. But that’s true for all of them by the end. The show knows just what twists to reveal about a character for the thing you hated about them to suddenly be what you love.

For those on the fence, not sure what more you need tbh

1 Like

I love Nora though, she’s such a sweetie

ep5

also going to say 10 mins in to this ep, that i did have a thought after i wrote the previous posts about Fatin and what i assumed was her backstory that I also had the thought that she was completely full of shit about the sex and was far the opposite side of the spectrum. Going back to watching now.

nvm 60 more secs and its clear that wasn’t bs

1 Like

more ep5

And now I feel bad for Fatin, her dad seems like a straight up psycho

1 Like

Umm you know by ep 3 or 4 maybe? Not entirely sure but it’s not clear at first for sure so I would say spoiler

1 Like

No def not.

wireless is correct, and while that’s blasphemy for them to spoil one of the first reveals, maybe they want you to go into the show knowing that’s not the big reveal that will tie everything together. It’s just part of the setup.

Compare that against Lost where the audience was struggling just to understand basic facts and mechanics of the island and who put them there.

1 Like

Yea it’s def doing a better job of letting you know what’s going on somewhat but I’m not sure if it’ll payoff, I’m halfway through 7.

For the record I remember being fine with the lost ending, like wasn’t thrilled with it but I wasn’t mad.

I despised the Lost ending but loved this one, so I’ll cross my fingers it lives up to my hype for you.

I appreciated the Lost finale when I re-watched it and took it in its own terms, but I could write a book on what’s wrong with the last two seasons just from a storytelling perspective.

Oh yea I’m sure on the last two seasons, I mean I think the whole show from a writing perspective wasn’t great probably

I thought it was phenomenal until later on. Groundbreaking in the best ways. But it did struggle from being so innovative. The unspoken cost of the First Mover Advantage. I can’t say I’d have known how to wrap it up any better than them, but from the comfort of my armchair, they shoulda known better.

1 Like

just finished EP7, i think its fine.

Professor Lady is a nutter obv

EP8

Poor Shelby man, and even more so poor Becca, jfc. You know this kinda shit happens daily in this country.

1 Like

EP9

So that was just a red herring when therapist lady asked Dot to help her out and the actual other confederate is NORA WTF, not happy with this revelation, all though it does make some sense as I thought Dot was either doing a fantastic job acting as if everything was real or maybe wasn’t in on the whole thing. Starting to think this should be more than one season unless this ep wraps it up bigly

1 Like

EP10

man this scene with Quinn/Rachel/Nora, i can barely make it through its so awkward, and now my hearts breaking for Nora/Quinn

2 Likes

Only though E5, but one thing that has really bothered me so far -

How has 2 cans of diet coke each allowed them to survive 7 days - especially as they’ve been physically exerting themselves quite a bit.

1 Like

i think they found more than just a couple each but meh its not something to worry about really.

1 Like

Finished this tonight. I’m not sure why I started watching since it’s so far outside of my range, but it held my interest the whole way and it was very well done.

I think I would prefer there not be a second season. Shows like this invariably set themselves up to fail since there’s really no way to deliver a satisfying conclusion to them. It always gets real dumb instead. Just leave it as it is with “What the fuck?”

1 Like

EP 10 WTF WTF WTF

1 Like