The Wilds (beware spoilers)

Shit is getting real in ep7-8. This is what Lost should have been. Great twists, great reveals.

Ep 3 delivers, ready for more

1 Like

What do you think of the black box?

I shouted NO when Leah has to go back up for air and Rachel grabs her leg. Noooooooooooooooooo

1 Like

as to it’s veracity? It seems legit but all the rest we know seems to indicate it’s fake. Not sure what getting the girls flotation devices woulda done if they were all unconscious, plus none of them actually had flotation devices when they woke up, maybe that was the plan and they didn’t have time who knows

Fatima? is a real pain in the ass, I can kinda guess what her back story is and why she is like she is though

What do you think her backstory is??? Please tell me your suspicions! It’s so much fun to try to predict where a show like this will go.

Eh I don’t know for sure but just the fact that she’s had what seems like a lot of sex and the way she talks about relationships to Martha I’m just guessing she got fucked over by men a lot in the past, I guess she couldA been doing sex work or something as well

Interesting! I will neither confirm nor deny.

No explanation needed for your explanations lol. It’s all speculation until it’s on the screen. And even then…this show will be like OH YOU THOUGHT YOU UNDERSTOOD?!

1 Like

WHY DOES EVERYBODY HAVE HAZEL EYES

Also, spoiler tags would be appreciated.

2 Likes

Everyone should catch up so we can talk about it openly! No sleep for you all! :grin:

I think risky deemed spoilers not allowed in his show threads

1 Like

Terrible idea imo, but if that’s to be the case it should be clearly noted in the thread title.

I don’t understand how to have a dedicated thread discussing each episode without getting into spoilers, but you are a saint for what you do BTS, so your wish to clarify this in the title is my command.

One way would be to use the blur spoiler tag

Another way:

Episode 1

EVERYBODY HAS HAZEL EYES

I’ll be using the summary feature for a cleaner reading experience of each post, but spoiler tags are for the mega thread. It is known.

S1E9

The amount of abused minors in this show is too damn high :flushed:

Definitely a thematic decision. It’s helping me think through some things on the topic.

The show continues to deliver.

I made the comparison in E1 to Euphoria, but I had no idea they’d share so much to say about sexual violence. Thankfully it’s nowhere near as graphic. I still haven’t been able to rewatch Euphoria.

I’m supposed to get back to work for the next half hour but that E9 cliffhanger ending!!! Season finale: engage.

2 Likes

Ep4 down

Fuck fatim, I know she’s like this for a reason we don’t know yet but if she somehow exited the show I’d be fine with it lol.

Great ep again though, I just wanna give a big hug to all the girls that I’ve seen the backstory on so far.

So end of this ep makes it pretty clear that this blonde lady is running some sort of psycho therapy summer camp, the parents knew it would last all summer and not just the weekend, obviously the girls did not. I’m guessing the parents just think it’s a normal summer camp though with a focus on rehabilitating Leah I guess and I assume same for other parents and their daughters. Obviously there’s a chance that the parents know exactly what was going to happen but doubtful as that would be a real stretch right, right???

1 Like

Keep watching for fatim! That’s all I’ll say.

Goddamn, what a great show.

Unlike Lost, this show quickly defines the boundaries of its possibilities. You’re not worried about polar bears jumping out of the trees, but that doesn’t stop the show from surprising the audience at every turn.

To me, the show’s greatest accomplishment is converting me from pretty sure it could not and should not go beyond a one-season limited series to hoping they make eight seasons of this show. What a great season and what a great season finale.

Final quotes:

“How you feeling?”

“If I tell you, do you promise not to repeat it?”

“Sure.”

“Like Napoleon. With a ****.”

“I’ve already been through the worst. I don’t have the energy to feel scared about something that could be good.”