yeah Iā€™d do another grab bag

1 Like

In

1 Like

Grab bag, yes please.

1 Like

Grab bag - yeah baby!

1 Like

The reveals arenā€™t, but organizing an entire grab bag is ;-)

That said, I really did enjoy the grab bag last time. I could organize another one, with two conditions:

1. I will need a co-organiser. The duties will be split as follows:

Person 1: In charge of the thread co-ordination. Explaining the rules, helping get reveals lined up, setting dates, helping define good categories. Receive entries for Person2 and anonymize/send to them.

Person 2: Receive entries for all rounds (except their own) and anonymize/send. Keep score. Help Person 1 with other tasks if they are so inclined.

1. The GOAT, Sir @pyatnitski, has to play.

So, if anyone can help, let me know and pick your poison! Alternately if anyone wants to run the entire thing themselves, have at it.

2 Likes

Iā€™d love to play, obviously, but Iā€™m on holiday or traveling for the next month or so and just wonā€™t really have the time. At least till the last week of August, sorry.

2 Likes

In for grab bag

1 Like

If youā€™re still down, Iā€™ll be Thing 2. Or Thing 1, either is fine.

5 Likes

Yer a good one, Pauwl!

Ok. I can do Thing 1 since I wrote a bunch of stuff for the last one and it will be easier for me to find and re-use. Iā€™ll create an interest thread on the weekend, and pre-register those in this thread who have already said they are in.

3 Likes

Posting because Iā€™ve basically volunteered to run the next one whenever the grab bag game is finished. What better way to introduce myself to this game? People better come ready with their BANGERS!

5 Likes

Speaking of bangers, we need some rulings in the bangers thread

Itā€™s a lot of work but can be rewarding, depending on peopleā€™s reactions to your judgments.

What are your musical tastes?

If I had to sum it up in one gif

pitbull yeah

I actually have a pretty varied musical taste but I do love a good BANGER!

actually, it should be interesting participating in a walrus where none of the players know anything about the tastes of the judge. Could get a really wide range of submissions.

I mean, this

Seems pretty straightforward to me

1 Like

I think itā€™s in a hostā€™s self-interest to accurately describe his musical tastes. Listening multiple times to a dozen songs one doesnā€™t like canā€™t be fun.

2 Likes

Does that .gif signal that it would be a Club Hits walrus?

I think it means all entries must be by canine related artists.

Iā€™m already putting together a list of potential categories. (None of the categories are ā€œsubmit your favorite Pitbull songā€ but that would be awesome right?)

Has there ever been a duplicate entry in a walrus game? My instinct is to automatically score those as last place if it happens, but curious if thereā€™s any set protocol for that.

1 Like