In for grab bag
yeah I’d do another grab bag
In
Grab bag, yes please.
Grab bag - yeah baby!
The reveals aren’t, but organizing an entire grab bag is ;-)
That said, I really did enjoy the grab bag last time. I could organize another one, with two conditions:
- I will need a co-organiser. The duties will be split as follows:
Person 1: In charge of the thread co-ordination. Explaining the rules, helping get reveals lined up, setting dates, helping define good categories. Receive entries for Person2 and anonymize/send to them.
Person 2: Receive entries for all rounds (except their own) and anonymize/send. Keep score. Help Person 1 with other tasks if they are so inclined.
- The GOAT, Sir @pyatnitski, has to play.
So, if anyone can help, let me know and pick your poison! Alternately if anyone wants to run the entire thing themselves, have at it.
I’d love to play, obviously, but I’m on holiday or traveling for the next month or so and just won’t really have the time. At least till the last week of August, sorry.
In for grab bag
If you’re still down, I’ll be Thing 2. Or Thing 1, either is fine.
Yer a good one, Pauwl!
Ok. I can do Thing 1 since I wrote a bunch of stuff for the last one and it will be easier for me to find and re-use. I’ll create an interest thread on the weekend, and pre-register those in this thread who have already said they are in.
Posting because I’ve basically volunteered to run the next one whenever the grab bag game is finished. What better way to introduce myself to this game? People better come ready with their BANGERS!
Speaking of bangers, we need some rulings in the bangers thread
It’s a lot of work but can be rewarding, depending on people’s reactions to your judgments.
What are your musical tastes?
If I had to sum it up in one gif

I actually have a pretty varied musical taste but I do love a good BANGER!
actually, it should be interesting participating in a walrus where none of the players know anything about the tastes of the judge. Could get a really wide range of submissions.
I mean, this
Seems pretty straightforward to me
I think it’s in a host’s self-interest to accurately describe his musical tastes. Listening multiple times to a dozen songs one doesn’t like can’t be fun.
Does that .gif signal that it would be a Club Hits walrus?
I’m already putting together a list of potential categories. (None of the categories are “submit your favorite Pitbull song” but that would be awesome right?)
Has there ever been a duplicate entry in a walrus game? My instinct is to automatically score those as last place if it happens, but curious if there’s any set protocol for that.