The Walrus - master thread

I’m in

2 Likes

I could help @pyatnitski with the admin stuff. Although, I’m not really sure how to do the auto-sort by score, auto-remove 2 lowest scores stuff. You would get the dumbed down version with my signature goofy category short hands.

2 Likes

I’m not sure what that means for this

they are asking if you want to do a Walrus where you are the only judge of all the categories.
It’s usually ~5 categories that you come up with and ~10 participants.

It allows you to be god.

1 Like

Yeah, it’s wonderful running a Solo Walrus.

1 Like
2 Likes

A lot of things happened in 2020 that have come to dominate our collective consciousness. One arc which has been engrossing for Walrus participants/fans is the stratospheric rise of a track whose lyrics could, and should, be reproduced in hardcover and replace the bible in the bedside drawers of the worlds hotels.

I am, of course, referring to Sparks - My Baby’s Taking Me Home

Well, no doubt inspired by the songs UP reception, a documentary has recently been released about these titans of storytelling. You can see one of the trailers here:

Unfortunately it doesn’t seem to be on any free streaming services (yet) but you can see some paid viewing options at The Sparks Brothers Official Site | The Sparks Brothers In Theaters - Get Tickets | The Sparks Brothers Trailer . I’m yet to watch it, but definitely will, if only to find out where his baby is taking him.

Credit to @Rivaldo for submitting the song, and @pyatnitski for correctly placing it first in one of his reveals.

4 Likes

Anyone for Walrus Grab Bag 6?

3 Likes

Sure

Looks like we have 5 possibles so far.

Any others?

sure

ok depends on when it’s done though

I’ll be away for all of the first week of October

I enjoy doing these but suck at keeping commitments (also somehow something always happens when I in, so im a little scared to)

1 Like

grow a pair

that can be your category: songs that showcase a great pairing

boy-harsher-by-travis-weitzman_prutav

1 Like

Fine im in

1 Like

Who’s ready for rock anthems round two?!?!

1 Like

Alright ive got my topic

noooooo

So i got a package from Amazon today.
I don’t order things from Amazon.
Open package.
If that’s not a sign i don’t know what is.

Also anyone know what this is? You’re welcome to pick it up

1 Like