The unblockable Elon Musk is not serious; it's time to move on

I just get notifications for 20 or so people but you can turn off notifications on your phone and then using the app you can click the notifications tab and only see those so it’s a feed of strictly what I want to see. I don’t ever use the for you tab and the other one with my larger list of follows I rarely look at

He can’t even stand by his own bullshit

Or maybe?

It’s not useable with an account either.

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1692558414105186796?t=RCWhIz-KCO-cbhdCcos6MQ&s=19

Eichmann: Sir! People are not being exposed to enough fascist content on “x”!

Elno: that was the whole point of me buying Twitter! Okay okay I know what to do

5 Likes

huh

huh

1 Like

i think removing blocking was guaranteed to happen once he took over. that’s the rights whole goal in what they think “freedom of speech” is. forcing others to listen to them.

plus i’m sure blocking advertisers sky rocketed after the takeover… i know it has for me personally. almost all of the 100 or so blocked accounts i have are shitty advertising bots.

3 Likes

Twitter SpaceX fans are getting excited about a possible Starship launch next month. If it happens, I’d have to say Elon’s 1-2 month projection after the 4/20 attempt wasn’t nearly as far off as I expected. I mean it was ridiculous but I’ll give anybody a factor of 2. Some level of over-optimism is expected.

But SpaceX doesn’t have FAA approval yet and it looks like they’ve been ignoring environmental issues in their preparation and testing. I don’t think the Texas regulatory agency has done or said anything so far but there is an environmental lawsuit that isn’t settled yet. If a September launch happens it will be a pretty good indication that they’ve bought enough influence to make FU-make-me plenty effective.

I can’t say I understand finance but the article below (paywalled) is being characterized in other outlets as being a big positive for SpaceX. However,

The slim earnings came after two years of significant but narrowing losses at SpaceX, which is pouring money into a rocket that remains unproven and poses difficult technical challenges.

I don’t think people understand the risk, especially with Musk so prone to staging stupid stunts.

I’ve been blocking pretty much every advertiser for years, is this going to fucking unblock all of those now?

Elon would have been smarter making blocking a feature of Twitter Blue.

that’s also guaranteed to come later… gotta take it away before you can offer it back for cash.

I’m actually fine with getting rid of blocking. You can still mute accounts so that you don’t get notifications for their replies and mentions and don’t see their tweets unless you follow them. I approve of getting rid of the ability to prevent users from reading your tweets.

maybe in an ideal world this would be fine… but we are talking about the internet…

the biggest complaint that i have seen against the blocking feature is from piece of shit human andy Ngo, and he is upset that he cant get his legion of bigots to target the trans posters he wants to go after efficiently because he cant see her posts. elon directly responded to his post agreeing with him and talking about how blocking didnt make sense to him.

if you were to mute andy ngo in that situation, you wouldn’t see HIS posts, but he would be able to retweet screen grab your posts with ease and then you would need to go on a mute spree for his 100k followers that are going to easily attack you based on his targeting.

6 Likes

A lot of third party app that assisted with those kinds of things like block party got shut down with their API changes so people who might get dogpiled don’t have easy ways to mass mute and/or block anymore either.

1 Like

I understand that this is easy for me to say because Twitter has never been a part of my life, but Jesus Christ just stop using it.

9 Likes

Elon’s plan to convert Twitter to 8chan continues apace.

2 Likes

Because it’s just too hard for him to see the tweet of someone who blocked him?

Can you get all the Chiefs guys I follow to move to another platform? Because that’s the only reason I ever go on there. Or if something major is happening, it’s the first source.

They going to allow advertisers to block though.

Trump indictment thread on CP is a great read. I just plowed through it and that Donger dude drives em nuts