The unblockable Elon Musk is not serious; it's time to move on

Government subsidies mostly.

1 Like

Teams of people dedicated to controlling him.

I mean he named one of his children “X Æ A-12”

But he had to change it to just ”X” because that other dumb bullshit doesn’t count as a name in the state of CA.

The letter X is like goddamn catnip to this asshole.

1 Like

come on guys the dictionary has loads. (althought not in comparison to other letters but a lot more than 3)

Then that’s weird that experts would disbelieve something factually correct about their field

Regurgitating the creations of non-machines is not machine intelligence

And it’s definitely not “reasoning” or “figuring anything out” and if we believe it is, then we deserve to be killed by whatever it “says”

1 Like

xanthic, xeet, exit?

How much time have you spent using Gpt4? The takes on this board are drastically underestimating the current power of LLMs, imo.

1 Like

So that’s where that those Twitter ad $ went?

Not paywalled!

A couple of thoughts. One, there’s a clear trend in AI that goes

“No way a computer could do that! It would require real intelligence.”

Computer does that.

“That’s not real intelligence, it’s just a, b, c!”

Rinse, repeat.

This doesn’t mean the last thing is wrong, but there’s a history of goal post shifting.

Second. Don’t underestimate how much of us figuring something out is “regurgitating lots of other peoples information”

8 Likes

https://twitter.com/MelMitchell1/status/1683888256201670656?t=h22ZadfaSW2tztQm1SCjTA&s=19

Linked mainly for her comments in the five tweets in response.

All the X-es have blue checkses,
That’s why I make my chat on IRC

9 Likes

This needs more love.

I opened up twitter today and the first thing I saw was an ad for xfinity and I immediately closed the app.

Looks like you found some more button-clickers!

I hate how funny this is but man this is good

12 Likes

A lot of people are very emotionally invested in the idea that sorting by wealth is a good way to value people. If you are a person that thinks you’re better than other people because you own a Mercedes, then it’s pretty uncomfortable to acknowledge that these billionaires are morons. What does that say about your own sense of self worth? Not good.

4 Likes

https://twitter.com/MikeLeePearl/status/1683901735553884160?s=20

10 Likes