The unblockable Elon Musk is not serious; it's time to move on

I once wrote a data reduction program I called xcat because our digitizers used LeCroy’s Catalyst software. A couple of other related programs got an ‘x’ prefix too but I wasn’t married to it.

Igetthatreference.gif

9 Likes

MFW literally everyone else has already made better use of “X” than Elon Musk ever will :smiley:

1 Like

The business media really spent years telling us this guy was a real-life Tony Stark, simply one of the greatest examples of unearned prestige in modern times.

3 Likes

They are still telling us this. He is on tv constantly like CNBC and channels like that, giving his stupid takes on this or that. I don’t know why anyone would give him air time or take him seriously. Anyone who does needs to be called out for glorifying a nazi as far as I’m concerned.

These book excerpts keep cracking me up. That guy loves him some X.

Reminds me of ANOTHER ITYSL character, the guy who can’t help himself and keeps steering the conversation to the bulk plastic meatballs and fedoras that he could totally get for you on a great deal, and totally hasn’t already bought

6 Likes

sucks-itysl (1)

16 Likes

Making a movie is really hard!

3 Likes

Elon with boxes and boxes of X Shwag in his closets.

3 Likes

7 Likes

I’m totally baffled though. X is the coolest dopest letter by miles, all my cool friends who think I’m awesome say its rad and sweet. Its literally X-treme to the maX. I guess the normie NPCs with sub 180 IQs just don’t get it but it seems crazy to me.

7 Likes

it just amazes me that the “great businessman” has no idea what value even is. like that article mentions it, using the brand name as a verb is the ultimate holy grail in brand value… when you say you google’d something, even in the rare case you didnt actually use google, that’s still a massive win for google. people currently say “tweeted” even when they are talking about trumps truth abomination website… to be the kleenix of tissues and the bandaid of bandages is the premier accomplishment. and dude want’s to flush all of that away on some weird childhood vanity X thing…

7 Likes

X is a bottom three letter imo.

15 Likes

Xx_Twitter_xX was his first choice

15 Likes

Here’s a thread that goes into more depth on Elon’s X obsession:

https://twitter.com/garius/status/1683808576328937472

2 Likes

Wouldn’t it be cooler if one X-googled something?

Just saw a commercial for X-Chair. Elol has invented chair.

Name every word that starts with x.

X-Ray
Xylophone
Xenophobia

I am out

Xerox
Xenon

I still want to read an article or book on how a guy who had such an obviously terrible plan, did not listen to anyone with any knowledge all in the quest of an impossible vision leading him to justifiably be booted out and then turn around and run two successful companies of much more complexity.