The unblockable Elon Musk is not serious; it's time to move on

Is there not a way to get suggested posts? I feel like I’m only seeing posts from people I followed. I’m looking for the equivalent of a For You tab.

Also, what are we calling the threads version of tweets? Posts seems wrong.

Threads using fediverse is legit shocking. Surprised they would give up any control.

Major fail by Google to not have the search term threads lead to the app. Some poor other app with the name had to change their title to avoid confusion

It was like that at first for me, but now when I refresh the home tab I get lots of stuff.

I can’t sign up for Instagram and or threads when I launch it, fail

Did Elon turn off the ads? Not getting any on Twitter right now

The article I read had a quote from a Meta guy claiming that they hired twitter people, just no one in engineering. But yeah are they just not supposed to work in social media after being fired for no reason by Elmo?

A bunch of former twitter employees also went to arbitration per their employment contracts only to have musk/twitter not even show up, yet now he cares lol

Andy Stone, a spokesperson for Meta, said in a post on Threads, “No one on the Threads engineering team is a former Twitter employee — that’s just not a thing.”

1 Like

The Melkerson group chat of social media as it were

Also. Threads isn’t available in Europe because of GDPR, lol.

I think threads is going to kill Twitter, for real.

(I also thought Google+ would take over the world, but I’m much older and wiser now.)

Edit: as an anecdote, AOC posted an AMA an hour ago and got more than 3k replies. People are moving there at a remarkable rate.

1 Like

can’t seem to access threads on the web

yeah, is problem

it’s like how instagram started. Kinda weird there’s no browser version but I assume it will get there eventually

1 Like

Apparently 50 mil signups. That’s around 15% of Twitter after like 36 hrs. They have a lot to improve but not seeing Elon reply guys boosted in threads is already a huge improvement.

1 Like

Dare resurfacing on Threads was enough of a reason for me to sign up.

1 Like

JFC. I hate doing anything on my phone.

3 Likes

Threads is beyond terrible. No live chronological feed, no restriction to people you choose to follow, no search. It’s the same curated crap as Instagram (after Zuck ruined it). It’s a shame Bluesky couldn’t get its shit together faster.

See Simpliicitus’ post above. It may (probably will) end up sucking (don’t they all?), but what it is now is basically patched together and rushed out to capitalize on Musk’s epic stupidity.

It will get better in the short term. Until it’s time to monetize and they make a mess of it again.

2 Likes