The unblockable Elon Musk is not serious; it's time to move on

I don’t know how anyone could have faith in Zuck adding these features to Threads down the road given what he did with Instagram.

It’s worse than old Twitter and better than current Twitter. However, I’ve had to manually add people and liberally mute the Instagram folks and their dumb influencer posts. Still, much better than blather from right wingers, crypto bros, and VCs who got lucky. Elon strangled Twitter.

Shaq=muted, Paris Hilton=muted, homeopathic astrology=muted, etc.

2 Likes

I see this criticism of Twitter a lot and I don’t get it. You can still choose to only see people you follow in Twitter. I’ve never seen a MAGA tweet in my feed unless someone was dunking on it.

I read comments on a lot of tweets and boosting the paid blue checks basically killed the site for me. I follow about 1000 people on Twitter. Also, Threads has verification, which Elon killed, severely damaging Twitter.

3 Likes

Ah, I rarely read comments. And no argument from me that Elon is ruining Twitter every which way. I just want something other than Threads to replace it, and I’m afraid that being first out of the box is all it’s going to take.

I think having a huge group of verified accounts from Insta and a verification team is a huge advantage for Threads. That and a lot of $300k/yr software and infrastructure people experienced with big sites. I expect significant improvement month to month.

2 Likes

I expect I’ll eventually repeat all my posts itt with all instances of Elon replaced with Zuck. Except for anything to do with rockets. Those will be about metaspace and going to metaMars or some shit.

Yeah, that’s a great idea and all, but then you have to remember that the users are the product not the customer. Nobody optimizes shit for what the product wants.

1 Like

I’ll be happy with Twitter dying and Elon going full bankrupt shitheel. Anything else is gravy.

1 Like

Interestingly, SpaceX is now basically the only launcher currently available in the West. Atlas and Delta and Ariane 5 are all in retirement mode, with Vulcan (Atlas replacement), Ariane 6 and New Glenn (Blue Origin rocket) still under development. Russian options are still in service, but politically unavailable. This has been the situation for manned space flight for a few years now, kind of shocking to see it expanding to cargo.

Relatedly, Vulcan (being developed by sober, responsible professionals) recently had its upper stage blow up during a test, so its test flight has been pushed back by TBD number of months. Move slow and break things, lol.

I need threads tips. I never really used twitter accept reading all the tweets here

Who should I follow? What should my second post be?

he’s on mastodon

1 Like

Next NASA launch is in a couple weeks and will be on a Rocket Lab Electron rocket.

Next one, a couple weeks later will be a Northrop Grumman Antares rocket.

Rocket Lab is a small sat launch provider that doesn’t really compete with the other rockets bobman mentioned. They’re like a Cessna compared to a 787.

Antares is also running out of launch vehicles because their engines were made in Ukraine. The launch scheduled for August is their last until they can get their new first stages built hopefully sometime at the end of next year.

2 Likes

5 Likes

I almost lost my mind and signed up for instagram but their literally sign up page does not work. It gets an error.

It is a sign.

Also am I the only one amused by this sequence?

4 Likes

Mr. Beast is one of the greatest trolls of his generation.

1 Like