The unblockable Elon Musk is not serious; it's time to move on

Consciousness of guilt!

I am being told that Threadz gifs and searches are not available yet it is exactly like twutter :disappointed:

Will be shit for a while, but I signed up.

Sometimes it takes an evil billionaire to squash an evil billionaire.

The trade secrets thing is something commonly dropped in such letters. Problem is, under California law a party actually has to say what the alleged trade secrets are.

1 Like

I hope this site allows me to view facebookz without an account!

30 million sign ups in 24 hrs. I really think Twitter might be dead. Threads is basically an early beta build, but they can’t fuck it up worse than Elon fucked Twitter.

It will take a while to “kill” twmtter completely, if ever. There are links to it on virtually every page on the Web, while there are still ~0 to Threadz, plus there’s that sticky factor that keeps even the most bitter Elmo haters on twitter. But once threadz irons out all their issues and adds more functionality I can certainly see it.

It’s amazing that it’s been this successful, and rather shitty that none of the other attempts at twitter clones have even come close.

1 Like

Network effects are massive and Instagram is starting with a network 5 times larger than Twitter. Just got to port a fraction of their 2.3 billion users over from Instagram to Threads.
Exponential advantage over all the other Twitter clones that were starting from scratch.

In other words, Zuck be like:

5 Likes

Yeah, I don’t think Twitter will die in 6 mos, but it’s been diagnosed with a terminal illness and will decline gradually. Elon did so many things to screw up Twitter that I see no prospect of it successfully competing with any minimally competent platform with similar functionality.

I have no love for Zuck but I think he’ll stand aside and let threads develop and grow. He didn’t need to fight Elon to take his lunch money.

All those hoping that Zuck will be the new Twitter alternative savior are forgetting that he’s the guy who rendered two formerly decent social media platforms unusable.

7 Likes

cf295e1a-888e-4c95-8771-fb612b38cbbc_text

12 Likes

Me 6 months ago: I fucking hate Meta and all their works, you will never catch me rooting for anything but their doom and destruction.

Me hearing that Threads got 30 million signups instantly, pictured:

16 Likes

When it’s evil capitalist vs evil wanna-be fascist I’ll go with the former every time.

1 Like

Like Trump there’s always a tweet

https://twitter.com/OAlexanderDK/status/1677044148858134528?t=paIxkscFAVnCEFKs5qlQGw&s=19

3 Likes

Fuck both of these assholes

7 Likes

It’s so hard to win this type of case unless you knowingly hire someone who like stole a hard drive from the prior employer. CA has very strong protection for employees moving to new companies. In this case it doesn’t even look like Meta hired Twitter employees. It ain’t that hard to build a website with the talent Meta has available. Just bullshit lawyer handwaving.

1 Like

For sure, it just tickled me that Musk boasted of firing a lot of people, got good press for firing a lot of people, and then complains about another company poaching employees when the cause and effect is clearly running the other way. If Meta did pick up Twitter employees it’s not because of some underhanded business practice, it’s because they were either fired or like rats and a sinking boat, jumped at an opportunity.

2 Likes

I just spent 5 minutes scrolling threads and I enjoyed it much more than I ever did Twitter.

Also mrbeast is giving a Tesla to a random follower.

Not being able to search for topics or keywords seems stupid…

1 Like