The TSLA Market / Economy

Is it already getting the WSB treatment? I haven’t looked at WSB for a bit.

Guess we can all play at the Venetian again.

Yup, and up 20+% overnight. Not sure how much it can rise since it’s such a high market cap but it looks like they’re trying.

I’ve got $9 April calls. Guess I gotta figure out an exit strategy.

Nice! Good luck. It seems to have a decent amount of attention right now, so I could see the RKT chasers rotating over to UWMC in the short term. I’m debating whether to chase myself, probably won’t.

Had you seen it pop up on WSB when you decided to buy?

Edit: I got the MCs of RKT and UWMC mixed up. If they can make a 40B MC like RKT jump I’m sure they can do it with a 20B MC company like UWMC.

“The key to sportsbetting is to only bet on moneyline underdogs getting at least 2:1 so that you don’t even need to win half your wagers to come out way ahead.”

5 Likes

I should have taken the $1k profit this morning. Closed the position with $400 profit.

1 Like

That’s still a win.

I’ll never understand why some WSB tickers like RKT jump overnight, open high, and then sustain throughout the day or jump higher, while others like UWMC jump overnight, open high, and then immediately deflate. What is the difference between them that caused such different responses? I sold RKT thinking it would have dropped like UWMC, and had I bought into UWMC I would have held it hoping it would have taken off like RKT, so I’d be 0/2 on those coin flips.

It’s the efficiency of the markets, bro.

But really, it’s all gambling. Easier now during a bull market. But it’s still just gambling.

1 Like

My total fish friend who has been been into “investing” for about 10 days now was all in to UWMC this morning. I’m sorry.

I’d like to think I’ve got some value out of browsing WSB in the past, when it was an under-the-radar community that was unkown/underrespected by market movers. But the posting quality has gone significantly downhill since GME. Main theory seems to be that it has been flooded with bots/new accounts that are only there to pump n dump. Definitely feels like it’s getting harder to profit off what they’re doing and MM are getting involved in this game.

Take this as you will -

A shit penny stock, $CATV, is rebranding itself into the cannabis market and is buying up farmland in Florida and trying to acquire other weed companies.

I’m one removed from somebody involved in the company. The person I know is invested in a few million shares, and the person I’m one removed from is invested in even more. This likely isn’t going anywhere overnight, but if you want to take a flyer for a few hundred bucks…

I’m invested with 60k shares…

4 Likes

But is it a block chain cannabis company? Thats the secret sauce.

2 Likes

You sonofabitch, I’m in!

This is the kind of investment advice I’m here for

6 Likes

20k shares for me. Has to be better than whatever the fuck my current strategy is.

3 Likes

If you guys want penny stonks and similar - you should check out the Chiefsplanet investing thread. I think they’re pretty up on whatever is hot with the wsb type crowds.

https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=300589

Yeah, that’s the one.

1 Like

Yeah, I’m not into penny stocks, but I kinda work with the guy that is one removed and was chatting with him about stonks and he brought this one up and gave me the background…

It looks like CATV already pumped a bit, peaking around 3c a couple weeks ago. Are we late to the game?

I don’t think so. They’re just now in the process of rebranding and moving into cannabis. I’m not sure what happened a few weeks ago.