The TSLA Market / Economy

Tbf my parents are the same way. Even though they have no financial restrictions they refuse to travel outside of the US and take the same handful of trips every year.

Interesting. You’re parents might be a slightly odd variation of boomer. In my experience, boomers love visiting Italy. In the before times, I’m sure it would be hard to go anywhere in Rome without running into an American Boomer.

This is valid, but you can’t automatically exclude racism either.

1 Like

No one automatically assumed anything. People who view the world as a shithole and the USA as the greatest place in the history of Earth are racists. These people overwhelmingly don’t travel abroad. I never once said every person who doesn’t enjoy travel is a racist.

Are there people who have travel anxiety for non-racist reasons? Of course.

If I’m not mistaken, Surf is going a little farther than that. He is saying that people may only enjoy going to countries where English is widely spoken for purely non-racist reasons.

I think it is theoretically possible, but I believe it is less common than he does.

Yea, I don’t know. They liked visiting Scotland and Ireland and England but never felt the urge to visit anywhere in Europe. Shouldershrug.jpg I assume it’s because my dad likes movies and music that comes from the UK and Ireland. And their golf courses.

Like for my parents, I wouldn’t consider them racist, but would they more comfortable in a group of white people vs a group of dark skinned people who have English as a 2nd language? Of course.

I think the perfect test case for them is Finland vs Italy. If they would rather visit Finland, they may actually be the non-racist unicorn that has “no English anxiety”.

I honestly think they’d rather go to Finland.

I think you’re underestimating the amount of people who simply just don’t feel comfortable in cultures outside of their own, not because they dislike or look down upon those other people/cultures.

People have talked about moving out of the US in this forum. What are the top ten majority non-white countries to move to?

1. Mexico (I think).

Yeah, that’s obvious. Now, try filling out the rest of the top ten. Then tell me why they are or aren’t in your overall top fifty.

Read that as correlation or Caucasian more than once.

1 Like

I mean a lot of my top-10 in the world that I have been to is non-white.

Spain
Portugal
(Do those two count?)
Colombia
Thailand
Vietnam

Would all make my overall top 10. Mexico would not make my top 10 but would be fine.

1 Like

I’m talking about moving to permanently and not just visiting. I think non-white countries go down on some (white) people’s rankings when you are no longer talking about vacation and it’s germane to this discussion to think about why.

I mean I have spent 1-2 weeks at least in each of those places and would live in any of them over OKC.

Spain and Portugal emphatically don’t count imo

I think that is balanced out by non-white countries being way cheaper.

I mean they aren’t white countries. At least in the sense the vast majority of their populations aren’t caucasian. If we are just talking about poor countries then ok.

Wait, they’re not caucasian? They’ve generally got good tans, but I’d still classify most of them as caucasian.

Maybe they are and I’m wrong. I guess I assumed at least people from Spain are non-white because they aren’t white skinned really.

So pretty much the entire south 2/3 of South America is predominantly “white” since a huge percentage of them have Spanish/Portuguese ancestry?

Is Cristiano Ronaldo white? I am so confused right now.