The TSLA Market / Economy

For over a week Google search on chrome Android is confused about what green and red mean. Keeps throwing me off.

Puke.

1 Like

:vince2:

Bank commentary Ive seen over the last day or so is that core CPI going to come in at the March highs. Expectations suck so room for a relief rally, but with energy price outlook likely heading up I think that any dream of a Fed pivot is a pipe dream and a rally will be very short lived. I still think the market is too short on interest rate peak/length of peak rates and still too long on earnings expectations.

Still on track to hit the March '20 lows IMHO, will reevaluate when we get there.

(added edits, sorry!)

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/bymikedavis/status/1580250265948545024?s=46&t=k3-qcgm1bMb4ZE55__tq0g

Terrible company all in all.

My wife had a fairly prominent role on the finance side there, and would absolutely concur with your assessment.

To add a little actual content: since Gannett (and I’m sure to a degree before that) was acquired a couple few years back, the name of the game is squeeze every last dollar of cash flow out of the business as the decaying carcass of the newspaper industry rots.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/goodalexander/status/1579330177771139072

3 Likes

Missed this but lol:

8.2%. Stonks!

I’m already fully invested and I’m going to stay that way but it really feels like we have a long way to fall from here. The fallout really hasn’t even started yet.

1 Like

Should end any thoughts of a pivot anytime
soon unless Fed pivots to a 6 percent inflation target.

1 Like

Still 5x the market cap compared to pre-meme because it was diluted that much. Therefore I’m still not covering my short.

100 bps incoming?

:vince3:

Like a 20 percent implied probability but I’d bet against it. Probably better at this point to just pound home “rates aren’t getting cut in 2023” then just keep jamming rates higher.

meanwhile, bogleheads still scrimping to pay off their 2% mortgages early

1 Like

Can’t put a price on peace of mind!

That’s actually true, but it’s crystal clear from their “I’ve got $8 million in assets but can I afford to retire?” posts that they will never actually have peace of mind.

2 Likes

I laugh at the Bogleheads but I basically have the same severe anxiety when it comes to finances and I’m kind of a cheapskate.

They really need to stop fiddle-fucking around and start doing some monster rate hikes. The bullshit they’re doing now clearly isn’t working.