The TSLA Market / Economy

off topic hot take - this bump in long term interest does not represent a reversion and is temporary. Rates should be (market equilibrium) more like 2% due to technology, abundance, rise of economies with higher savings rates etc

seems not great, MBS

PIF, in the prospectus, said total shareholder returns averaged 12% annually in the five years from September 2017 when Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman took control of the fund to drive his national transformation program. The total return on the S&P 500 index over that same period is roughly 60%, while the Saudi stock market index, where the PIF has the bulk of its portfolio, is up 52%, according to FactSet.

1 Like

Didn’t one of them openly say they believe in trickle down economics last week?

Edit: maybe not uncommon but first I’d heard that explicit a reference to it

stonks?

:vince1:

Of all possible heroes, The Bank of England?

Pissing into the wind

6 Likes

Is it actually not great?

I have no idea what’s in that fund but if they have a mix of asset classes some of which are bonds or more geographically diversified than US stocks it’s going to be hard to beat the S&P over that period.

I guess I do know about LIV golf which is bound to be a resource sink without providing much return for a long time, if ever. If they are doing things like that and still getting near the return of the S&P it seems like the fund is doing a pretty good job.

For geopolitical reasons it would actually be pretty dumb for Saudi Arabia to invest all their sovereign wealth in US equities even if they think those will get the best returns.

Jpow said “Good morning”, so yes, until tomorrow.

3 Likes

oh sure I know old people who had cd’s at like 1% or money markets well under that just sitting there (still but man is that dumb) as some people are just massive nits but also if you already have far more than you need, there’s no reason to take any risk at all it doesn’t matter

https://twitter.com/drboguslaw/status/1575214255624060928?s=46&t=rh-eg7e-DmlPorA04ld5nA

11 Likes

:vince4:

It seems like that would be too delayed to be useful, right? I mean congressional trades aren’t exactly reported in real time, are they?

The official legal obligation that I saw is they have report them within something like 30 days. It’s a requirement in the STOCK Act. I think some people do report more frequently.

Here’s an example of the data that is available:

The information about a trade on Aug 25 was publicly available on September 28.

I mean copying congress critters trades 30 days after the fact would be pretty useless.

Yes, it should be. Those ETFs are probably more about the marketing concept than having any real edge.

Why bother to disguise it when there are no repercussions for just blatantly front-running information. Sure it gets some attention, but not enough to actually matter.

2 Likes

What happens if Pelosi buys NANC or Cruz buys KRUZ? That’s some Inception level shit.

1 Like

Not for the congress critters or any trader with any wherewithal above a pulse.