The TSLA Market / Economy

Lol I was going to post the same thing. Still A+ content though

In terms of content, I’m not sure Amazon Prime is in the top 5 streaming services.

The Expanse made it top 5 during its run. Now? Nah.

I use Amazon Prime like crazy. But then again I mostly only watch movies.

If it’s a bargain, Google should buy Netflix just to migrate it from AWS to GCP and for the engineers. The bump in GCP market share might lift the stock enough to pay for it.

1 Like

I hate the Amazon Prime video UI. All the free stuff mixed in with pay stuff and it’s rarely easy to just browse for things I might be interested in

3 Likes

I like using the Roku app. Some of the thumbnails are gigantic, so I feel like I’m looking at real movie posters.

My only real gripe about some of the apps (I’m talking about using the ones through the TV, either on Roku or through my cable box, not my phone or PC) is that sometimes it’s hard to tell what is highlighted if it’s just a menu item and not a show or movie.

The first few carousels of movies are usually all free. I actually prefer them mixed because I only watch a movie once or twice a month and I don’t mind paying for it.

But what does really piss me off is that I “bought” the movie Goodfellas a few years ago. At least I’m pretty sure I did. Well now it looks like there’s some special remastered edition, and the original isn’t available anymore. Fuck right off with that bullshit.

1 Like

We use GCP for the past year or so. Been nothing but pleased with it. Even moved our stuff out of Hive to GBQ because of the performance improvement.

I, of course, would never do it, but I hear hacking an Amazon fire tv is pretty easy and allows you to view pretty much anything.

I’ve heard you may want cinemaHD and a real debrid account and a VPN.

Johnson & Johnson? I have like 25-30% confidence in this answer.

You and Riverman both offered this up. And it’s definitely not the example I was thinking of, but after looking at it some more, it might fit the same fact pattern. In this case, J&J had a talc-related $4.7 billion judgment that was reduced by the Missouri Supreme Court to $2.1 billion. J&J appealed to the U.S. Supreme Court, who denied that appeal.

The denial of appeal happened in June 2021, and J&J paid that award in the same month. Looking at J&J’s 10-Q for the period ending 7/4/2021 (so including the period in which the payment was made), they reported litigation expenses of only $0.1 billion for the quarter, which implies that they had previously accrued the majority of that award.

So thanks to you and Riverman for finding me the case I didn’t know I was looking for.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/stanphylcap/status/1516878759726563333?s=21&t=xXd1sKi2-bS44jrmyrximQ

You know it’s bad when Elon is promising large scale robotaxi production by 2024

Is that Cyber Truck still coming any day now?

ELI5 the tweet? How are they claiming profit if it’s ‘fake’?

Also Door Dash down 60%, we need to pull the trigger on these obvious shorts!

I think it means they made mega ‘profits’ despite not getting a lot of cash in hand from sales and then their debt levels blew out even further too so drivers of the profit might not be sustainable?

It’s just some short trying to salvage some pride. If you look at the numbers, seems like they are carrying a billion dollars more inventory than last quarter, perhaps having to do with opening the new factory in Shanghai. That consumes cash, but it doesn’t affect profits.

TSLA stock price overall flat on the day.