The TSLA Market / Economy

I’m assuming something bad is going to be released in their forward looking guidance on the call at 5:30, and insiders already know?

In my very limited experience with earnings plays, the negative reaction is more likely just due to the numbers. Some stocks are bought up pre-earnings to the point where you need a much stronger beat to justify the valuation, so small beats could easily lead to a price drop. The narrative around the numbers and forward guidance would have additional effects ranging from further down to back in the green or anywhere in between. Insider info wouldn’t really explain things unless the info leaked out post earnings but pre earnings call.

Yeah I think people expecting a bigger beat is very possibly part of it, although MSFT was already about 18% off ath at the closing bell. But my opinion is of course that their valuation is still way too high and only makes sense if people expect more future growth than I think is possible.

Part of the reason I thought it might be a bad future guidance is that AMZN started dropping around the same time as MSFT after hours, so I thought maybe Microsoft was going to forecast bad news for the cloud server sector.

Could be a coincidence of course.

VOO below 400 :+1: :+1: :+1:

1 Like

But who the hell looks at VOO instead of SPY???

Those of us who own/owned VOO instead of SPY and got used to typing it?

To answer the follow up, because the expense ratio is 0.03% instead of 0.0945%.

MSFT is down because some of the growth slowed down with Azure

So basically people thought the estimates were way off? (Or lol who reads estimates?)

Or is it that Azure’s growth slowed down and other stuff offset it this time, but Azure is more important going forward?

With tech companies now you don’t only need to beat wall street cupcake targets, you need to annihilate them.

MSFT just mooned, back to green $291

Futures probably hit +2% now haha.

1 Like

South Florida has the best games imo.

Seminole Hardrock has the most action with the fishiest cash game regs and has a 10-25 NL game played somewhat regularly and several 5-10 tables running around the clock.

I’ve seen 25-50 and 50-100 spread during tournament series, as a matter of fact they’re at a WPT final table today I think. Probably last day they’ll have any nosebleed games for a while.

PLO is hit or miss.

Nah what’s going on in Texas is like 2003 Party Poker level insane.

2 Likes

With an unwillingness to travel down South during this pandemic and my local room closing because of such, I think I’ve lost out on ~250k over the last two years, despite having ok years online at plo100-plo500.

It’s not exactly an option, but the the way to do it is to set contribution percentage to 100% of income. Their software knows what the cap is for annual contribution and they will not exceed it. I looked into this and have done this before at more than one employer.

If you don’t make enough in one pay period to just lump sump it for the whole year (which may well be the case depending on what your plan limits are) then it may take a few paychecks. So it’s not really lump sum, but it is the closest that is possible. Also you have to have enough cash to live on so you can go for a while without a few paychecks.

2 Likes

You can also do the opposite if you get behind on withholding—redo your W-4 so that 100% of your salary gets withheld. Beats making a quarterly payment because the withheld amount is deemed to be paid pro rata through the year.

You have to make sure your employer does a true up, though. Some asshole companies only match X % of pay (not contributions) and don’t match if you’ve hit the cap.

1 Like

Yeah, obviously you need to take these match considerations into account.

In the jobs where I did this, it was a non-issue.

Best games in regard to Florida, not nationally.

Brief rundown or link to explain what is going on in Texas right now? Which cities?