The TSLA Market / Economy

No idea, but here’s the (uninformative) description:

Research and development expense primarily consists of personnel and facilities-related expenses, consulting and contractor expenses, tooling and prototype materials, software platform expenses, and depreciation of property and equipment. We capitalize certain qualified costs incurred in connection with the development of internal-use software which may also cause research and development expenses to vary from period to period. We expect our research and development expenses to increase in absolute dollars in future periods and vary from period to period as a percentage of total revenue as we continue to hire personnel to develop new and enhance existing Connected Fitness Products and interactive software.

54 Likes

@BestOf - worked perfectly because I had to scroll to see the bottom panels.

1 Like

Perfection.

I couldn’t not do it

https://mobile.twitter.com/Cokedupoptions/status/1483277862413213697

3 Likes

I have a stock certificate for a single share of Disney my grandparents bought me 30 years ago, do I have to surrender the fancy piece of paper to somehow move the shares (3 for 1 split in 1987) to something like Vanguard? I like the paper and don’t think it’s worth ~$450 but I’m also probably not going to do anything with the stock anyway.

You should keep the paper so you can dramatically rip it in two while weeping when the entire stonk market / zombie economy collapses and takes all your dreams with it.

1 Like

Have you been collecting the dividends for this share? You can get the last seven years of dividends if not. You probably have to call Disney’s transfer agent to get recognized as the owner of the share if the share isn’t under your name. Then you can get the share transferred to a brokerage and I think the paper share you get to keep and you can hold onto it as nostalgia/souvenir.

And this process should be easy with Disney because I’m sure they have to deal with it all the time, exactly because they marketed this to grandparents and probably put cartoon characters on the stock certificate.

Imagine a world where instead of a paper certificate for one share of Disney, you could have an NFT certificate on the blockchain. The possibilities are limitless. Instead of surrendering your piece of paper to some faceless corporate drone, you could trade it for a virtual handjob in the metaverse. A smart contract ensures that the deal doesn’t finish until you do.

5 Likes

I thought value would beat growth this year but now I’m starting to wonder if we go bear from here all around

feels like it anyway :notstonks:

I expect something like 4% real return for the next few years, which could easily be like -29%, +55%, -22%, +18%, who fucking knows. Just buy hold and try not to pay attention.

1 Like

4 Likes

If we exceed 4% north of all time highs at any time in next two years I’ll be very impressed.

$HOOD chart is really something

Anything close to a stagnant 2022 for financial services can cause robonhood to go bankrupt.

Nasdaq down 50 percent from here would only take us back to 2019 levels and the market would still be about fair value there by historical valuation metrics. Certainly wouldn’t say that is imminent or anything, but don’t think it would require a massive shock or anything to get there either

I hope it tanks hard. Good for millennials.

1 Like

That would be a generational buying opportunity